Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queue determination not correct for a storage section generic WT

former_member804409
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Folks,

I would like to briefly describe the issue here-

1) We have a storage process where Picking,Packing and Staging are steps.Packing step does not have a destination storage bin assigned and when WT gets created it gets created only with Storage Type and Section for destination.

2)When first WT to pick from Source to destination is created,system is trying to find a queue from source AA to destination AA as GI Staging zone.This is not expected.It should look for queue from source AA to destination AA as packing st type and not GI staging AA.

3) It is observed that system is trying to look for destination AA as GI-Zone whenever WT is storage section generic.

This works absolutely fine if we have assigend a destination bin in packing step of storage process but not without it.This also gives indication that all queue detrmination access seq and AA related settings are good and its the generic WT ,that is making a difference.Please explain the reason for such system behaviour.

This issue is on high priority for me.Quick help would be really appreciated.

Regards,

Khushboo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

".Please explain the reason for such system behaviour."

Didn't you give the explanation yourself?

"when WT gets created it gets created only with Storage Type and Section for destination."

So you want the system to find the queue with source and destination activity area. But the WT does not include a bin. So where should the AA come from?

"2)When first WT to pick from Source to destination is created,system is trying to find a queue from source AA to destination AA as GI Staging zone."

Actually, I think that the system finds this has nothing to do with the generic WT (without bin), so I am surprised that this should work "This works absolutely fine if we have assigend a destination bin in packing step of storage process".

Why: because you have a process. Now I have never tried this, but think about it. You create the WT. During the WT creation the queue is determined. Then the WT is saved and during this process the system finds the WOCR. Usually only through the WOCR you find the new destination storage type (= your pack work center), so I would really expect that the queue is found before and that never the information from the work center is used at all. But again: I have never looked into all the logs at this point of time, need to try this.

If you really want to figure out what happens (also with your other queue determination question) you need to activate the log for the WT (and I would also activate the one for the WO) and check the queue determination in there.

Brgds

Juergen

---

Want to learn EWM?

Check for EWM courses @ https://training.sap.com/curriculum/scm_ewm

Get a SAP Learning Hub Subscription: https://training.sap.com/shop/learninghub

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Because this is an interesting problem (and I just have the time), I sat down and tested it. And I must say the system does work better in this moment then I thought.

As assumed the system does find the queue which goes to the GI-Zone and then only starts the WO creation. But as the WO changes the destination bin to the work center for packing, and a different queue is setup for this bin - a new queue determination is triggered. The correct queue from the source to the work center is found. So it is actually very good. The log is just not very descriptive how the queue was found.

BUT: I had a bin in my WT, it was not generic. Tested it again without a bin - and then I get the same result as you, the system does not find the other queue. The WO log shows something about "inconsistent data". But it also does not use the other queue determination I have setup, using only the warehouse process type, which is strange, because that should then happen.

So I guess the question left is: "Packing step does not have a destination storage bin assigned" - why do you do that?

Brgds

Juergen

former_member804409
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

Keeping a generic bin is a business requirement so user can select the right packing station while picking.

Don't you think that if one AA is assigned to entire Packing station storage type system should be smart enough to pick that AA?

Regards,

Khushboo