Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage of field Preferred Ins. Type in QM View

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Greetings,

I want to know what is the use of the field preferredInsTyp under QM View.

I have one insp. type and when I select the ticked then only insp. lot is getting generated

and stock moving to quality otherwise not.

But there other materials with multiple insp. types there also I haven't ticked but it is working fine.

what is the difference between these two scenarios?

Regards,

SK.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185453
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Copy & Paste:

If you set this indicator, the system creates preferred inspection lots with this inspection type for the corresponding inspection lot origins.

Dependencies

You can define several inspection types for an inspection lot origin in Customizing and activate them in the inspection setup for the material. The system chooses an active inspection type during inspection lot creation based on the following order:

1. 1. The inspection type is determined using a special rule. It can be determined, for example, for inspection lot origin 01 from the quality information record, or for inspection lot origin 03 from the order type.
  2. 2. If there is no special rule and the indicator "Preferred inspection type" is set, the system chooses this preferred inspection type for the corresponding inspection lot origin.
    1. 3. If the indicator "Preferred inspection type" is not set for any of the inspection types for the inspection lot origin, the system chooses the inspection type that was assigned to the inspection lot origin in Customizing as

variant

If the chosen inspection type is not active, no inspection lot is created.

Note: You can skip this order by determining your own inspection type using the customer exit QAAT0001.

Regards

S Ahmed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ahmed,

Thanks for your explanation.

In my above scenario i have 2 insp. type for insp. orgin -01 Goods Receipt 

i.e. 1. 01 Purchase Order Receipt,

2. Z01 Misc. Item Receipt .

Here what is happening is I assigned insp. type 01 to material say A and Z01 to material B.

But Insp. lot is getting generated for material A without ticking preferredInsp is ticked

whereas material B insp. lot is not generating unless i tick preferredInsp.

Could you plz. explain as per scenario?

Regards,

SK.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Faheemuddin,

Normally SAP created inspection lots in the below order -

1. It picks the inspection lot origin selected in the Movement type. Then based on this inspection origin, it checks what all inspection types are assigned to it. Now in the material master, if it finds one such assignment for inspection type as "Active", it selects it and creates the inspection lot.

2. If multiple inspection types assigned to the material for same inspection lot origin, but none of them are flagged as "PreferredInsTyp", then by default, SAP picks up the VARIANT 01 of the default combination set for Inspection type Vs Insp Lot Origin configuration by SAP.

3. If more then one inspection types of same inspection lot origin is assigned to your material, then one has to be flagged as "PreferredInsTyp", so that SAP understand which has to be picked.

4. In case you use one inspection type in your material master, which is NOT the variant 01 for the inspection types assigned to inspection lot origin, then that has to be flagged as "PreferredInsTyp". ==> I believe this is the case with your scenario!!

Please can you check your custom inspection type in the below node to confirm, against which inspection lot origin this inspection type is assigned?

SPRO ---> Quality Management => Quality Inspection => Inspection Lot Creation => Maintain Inspection Lot Origins and Assign Inspection Types => Select any existing combination and go to "Inspection types for the origin" => Check the assignment.

For your 1st screenshot, I really doubt, if the inspection type "04" for material 160000005 in plant 1200 is operational, as the main indicator "Active" is missing here. Secondly, inspection type 03 is linked to inspection lot origin "03" and inspection type 09 is linked inspection lot origin "09", and both these origins are different. Hence, you may not need this indicator to be activated for the material.

Thanks,

Arijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arijit,

Thanks for detailed explanation considering my scenario.

Just ignore my previous screen shots and consider below one and advise.

for your query

Please can you check your custom inspection type in the below node to confirm, against which inspection lot origin this inspection type is assigned?

ans: i check SPRO and it is assigned to '01' lot origin

my query is in above it is not ticked still lot is generating

whereas untill it is ticked it is not generating lot ?

Regards,

SK.

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Faheemuddin,

You confirmed that the custom inspection type Z02 is linked to inspection lot origin 01. I believe by  default the 1st variant (01) in the inspection lot origin configuration is linked to inspection type 01, and the 2nd variant (02) is linked to your custom inspection type. So when you add Z02 in material master QM view, it still search's for inspection type 01 as 1st variant, following rule #4 explained earlier. As this inspection type was missing in the material master, hence it was not working.

I believe, that rule #3 and #4 are almost similar. Only difference is that the 'PreferredInsTyp" is being pre-selected for one case (can be other than variant 01) and for the other case, it has to fall back to variant 01, else check if the Preferred inspection is active or not.

Hope it clarifies.

Thanks,

Arijit