Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Linkage between SAP ISU and SAP .R/3

I am Currently working in SAP ISU and I read most of the place that Device category in ISU is Material in MM(R/3 Module) and Device in ISU is Equipment in PM:

1.     I want to know how these are connected?

Means Consider there is a project in which R/3 and ISU are being used and I would create a Device Category in ISU(EG01), the same can I use in         the R/3 as material(If i want to change the material by using MM02)?

Is it possible to change material thorugh MM02 and will reflect the same in device category of ISU??

If yes Please give an example.

If No then How we say Device category is Material in MM.

2. My second question is:

Is it mandatory to use R/3 if there is ISU?

I am asking this because In my project in the background R/3 system is there but i dont know how it is linked.

Isn't standalone ISU system is sufficient?

3. My Last question is Why to go for ISU instead of R/3.I know this question is answered many times but I didn't get any strong reason.

I read ISU can Prints bills more effectively then R/3 in terms of large volume.

but can anyone provide the actual figure?

Only because bill generation is the reason we are going for ISU instead of R/3?

It would be really helpful

Tags:
Former Member replied

Hi Prince,

You could think of ISU as a system which has functionalities specific to the Utilities industry which are not present in the standard R3 system.

For example, when you create a Material in R3, you will not be able to enter the default register group, or define the basic device category (whether it is a meter or a transformer etc.), the function class, the device type and related fields which are specific to the Utility business.

These things can be added in the device category which is specific to the Utilities Industry.

Also, functionalities such as meter reading, their validation, scheduling such reading activities can not be carried out in the R3 system without complex customisations, if at all possible.

This is why you need the ISU system. It has capabilities which are specific to the Utilities Industry.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

MOnis Shakeel

1 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question