cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Dynamic Calculation with .UNX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Going through this SCN thread https://scn.sap.com/thread/3861971; i could not come to a conclusion whether we can have ranking N functionality in Design Studio 1.6.

In a screenshot(attached); provided in the thread; it is mentioned that .UNX provides Dynamic calculations option at runtime as the new 1.6 feature.

But I do not see the Add Dynamic Calculation option in the Edit Initial View of the Data Source in Design Studio 1.6.

Hence I could not get a clear answer to my queries from the thread mentioned.

I just need a confirmation; whether we can use Ranking functionality in Design studio 1.6 with Universe as a datasource using Add Dynamic Calculation option.

Also the link provided in the screenshot is not working.

https://websmp104.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000390622012D.pdf

Inline image 1

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You could us the Bring your own data datasource and calculate the top/bottom X.

Have a look at the post and my last comment.

The downside is you cannot use a cross tab on it, but a graph will work perfectly fine.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member195675
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anish,

Dynamic calculations at runtime means that when the dashboard is executed (locally of on the BIP), the user can add dynamic calculations in a crosstab for example. The initial view is Design time, not Run time, so no we (unfortunately) cannot add dynamic calculations at Runtime when using UNX as backend.

There is however a workaround. In the query panel, add a ranking (4th icon in the Query Filte window). If you want the ranked dimension to be dynamic based on your filterselection, you have to use setVariableValue with prompts instead of setFilter commands.

Hope this helps!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Menger,

Thanks for your reply.

The workaround you suggested seems to be database ranking. In that when you say "ranked dimension", do you mean we need to create a ranked dimension in universe?

In my requirement; I need to get Top/Bottom N Customers(dimension) based on average sales(measure).

When I directly use them in the ranking icon(query filter window); it does not show the top 10 customers based on average sales. I have attached the ranking filter screenshot, that I used. Does not look like its ranking or even sorting.

Also please let me know if there is any documentation available for this?