cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugging BOP updates on the ECC side

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to debug the updates carried out in ECC as a result of backorder processing run (Update mode) in APO.

Due to authorisation issues in quality system, I couldn't stop the inbound queues on the ECC side to perform the debugging.

My understanding is that ECC and APO communicates to each other through the queues(qRFC) instead of normal RFC calls. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Kindly share some insights on the steps i can follow to debug the BOP updates in ECC.

Regards,

Srini.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Srini -

You need to set an entry in /SAPAPO/C4 in APO system before you trigger the BOP run and once the CIF queues start flowing the entry it reads the configuration from C4 transaction and updates the CIF queue with certain parameters which will be understood by ECC system once it reaches there and it keeps the queue in NOEXEC mode. Once the CIF queue is in NOEXEC mode., simply double click  on the queue and go to the next level and use the Edit button and click on Debug LUW. This way you can start debugging the queue. Please also ensure to set the "update" debugger to proceed further.

Hope this helps

Babu Kilari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

Thanks for your response.

In the /SAPAPO/C4 transaction, Should i have to only set the Debugging attribute value to "R - Debugging on, Recording of t/qRFCs (NO SEND) Or any other parameters say - recording & logging.

Just to reconfirm whether the CIF queue will get stuck in ECC with 'NOEXEC' mode if i perform the above step.

If i have to debug the APO side BOP update after the ECC updates are done, is there a similar transaction in ECC ?

Kindly advise.

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srini -

Setting "R" i.e, Recording would do. If you want to debug it ECC-> APO; you should create similar entry in ECC side using the transaction code CFC2.

This topic has been discussed multiple times in SCN. So., you should try to search SCN before raising the same questions. This is as per the rules & engagement of SCN Forums.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Babu Kilari

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In case of BOP run initiated in APO, the update to ECC system is performed by qRFC as per your understanding, so you need to stop and record the queues for debugging in APO system /sapapo/c4 for your user, so that you can debug the queues in ECC system.
In case of online GATP check initiated in ECC, it uses normal RFC call.

BR, Ada