Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM: Error Message not displayed

velden_thorben
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

i am configuring a new document type for charm (on 7.1 SP 12).

I am using a SAME_USER-Check and it is working fine, but the behaviour with the custom error message is really strange to me.

I can only use error messages that were created on 7.1 SP 8 and are used in other doc types. I added a new message to the existing class and even made a new class but not a single one of this messages is getting displayed.

This is what i am doing:

1) Create new Message in SE91 and save.

2) In spro go to "Make Settings for Change Transaction Types" under ChaRM Framework, choose the doctype and change the message to be displayed on the relevant consistency check "SAME_USER" and save. Message 004 is old and working, 005 new and doesn't.

What am I missing? Is there another customizing activity i have to perform with new messages?

Regards

Thorben

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thorben,

Please check the following:

1. Action profile

All Actions should have a Sequence Number.

The Action which triggers HF_CHECK_STATUS (for SMHF it's SMHF_CHECK_STATUS) should be the only action, having a 0 as sequence

2. Modifications / Enhancements

The Class CL_IM_CHM1_HF_CHECK_SET Method IF_EX_EXEC_METHODCALL_PPF~EXECUTE should not contain any Enhancements or Modifications. Especially not those, which trigger an additional save.

If you're using own message, you need to register them in Transaction SPRO.

Path:

SAP Solution Manager Implementation Guide -> SAP Solution Manager -> Capabilities (Optional) -> Change Control Management -> Change Request Management Framework -> Consistency Checks -> Register Messages

Best Regards,

Bert

velden_thorben
Explorer
0 Kudos

Bert Lorenz wrote:

If you're using own message, you need to register them in Transaction SPRO.

Path:

SAP Solution Manager Implementation Guide -> SAP Solution Manager -> Capabilities (Optional) -> Change Control Management -> Change Request Management Framework -> Consistency Checks -> Register Messages

Best Regards,

Bert

Hi Bert,

this was right! Thank you. I could have seen that, obviously . I think it's nasty that i can select the message without having to register the message.

Regards

Thorben

Answers (0)