cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logon issue in IBP after using APO excel addin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had a working IBP connection via Excel, but after using the Excel Addin for APO, and then going back to using IBP, I get the below issue:

When I click on logon option in Excel under the IBP menu, I get no pop-up to login.

The log message seems to indicate persistent connection related issue:

I have pasted the message replacing the confidential part with Zs.

Could someone please advise how to clear out the persistent connection or any other solution to this issue?

FILE_TYPE:DAAA96DE-B0FB-4c6e-AF7B-A445F5BF9BE2

RECORD_SEPARATOR:35

COLUMN_SEPARATOR:124

COLUMNS:Time|Severity|Category|Method|User|DSRRootContextID|DSRTransactionID|DSRConnectionID|DSRCounter|Thread|Text

SEVERITY_MAP:DEBUG|Debug|INFO|Information|VERBOSE|Verbose|WARNING|Warning|ERROR|Error|FATAL|Fatal

HEADER_END

2016-07-12 17:57:25,880|ERROR|Connection|FPMXLClient.Connection.Extensibility.ConnectionExtensionManager.BuildConnectionDescriptorFromName||||||1|No Connection Extension has been discovered that matches the persisted name 'APODP_[http://inmbzpZZZZ.in.dst.ZZZZ.com:8006/sap/scmapo/rest/epm/demand_plan_srv/]_[ABC_DPBOOKS]_[15. DISAGGR. FACTORS]_[000]'#

2016-07-12 17:57:25,893|ERROR|AnalyzerOne|FPMXLClient.AddIn.Logon||||||1|There is an error in XML document (7, 161).#

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Does anyone have any suggestions how to resolve the issue?

yeushengteo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

Without checking the details, did you try to clear the metadata cache before logging on?

Not sure does this make a difference.

Regards.

YS

Former Member
0 Kudos

I thought about that but the option to clear only appears when the logon pop up appears.

Right now i cannot even get to that.

When i click on logon - nothing happens. The system only logs the error i pasted in my initial post.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very likely it's because you didn't uninstall your APO DP Excel addin correctly. I had very similar issue in the past and now it's resolved. Hope below method can help you.

I used to have a APO DP Excel Addin. I uninstalled it first and then installed IBP Addin. But after that, I couldn't get the login pop-up when clicking login.

So eventually my solution was to reinstall APO DP Excel Addin and then uninstall it. After that I installed IBP again and it started working.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, Sounds like a good idea....I will try that and revert back.

anamika_mudgal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you uninstall and install IBP EXCEL addin again .

Regards,

Ana

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have done it 2 times already.

I also uninstalled the excel addin.