Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic save for operation is active while recording results in QE17

former_member473962
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Some days back, I had started a thread in which I asked about generation of PM/QM notification automatically from QE17, when the result of inspection is a failure.

I was able to make that process work. You can refer to this link for accessing that thread.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3916718

Now, suddenly, while doing QE17, I am getting the following message and the process is no longer working as before.

In the control indicators for the MIC, the char is an optional characteristic, not required.

If I save it, then the defect recording also does not initiate.

Can anyone please help me as what might have gone wrong?

The problem is that it is a sandbox system and I am afraid that someone else might have tampered with some configuration because of which this thing is coming now. I need to fix this quickly and any help will be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member473962
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I just compared the client sandbox system where this problem is coming with another system where the process is running just as before.

I noticed that the user settings are different and I am wondering if that is the cause.

See the two screenshots below for the difference in the user settings.

The green square means 'function activated'.

If we can get rid of this setting in my client sandbox, this problem might go away.

Do you know how this can be rectified?

former_member473962
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I was able to solve this problem by changing the plant settings.

So am closing this thread.

Thanks and regards

former_member185453
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to SPRO ---> Quality Management -- Basic Settings--->Maintain Settings at Plant level.

Goto Result Recording Tab and check "Recoding configuration"  here select no background function.

Hope this will help you.

Regards

S Ahmed

former_member473962
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, Ahmed, I too had solved the problem by changing the plant settings at this location only.

However, I had gone for the recording config '1 Automatic close' and that has also solved my problem.

Anyway, thanks for your reply.

former_member185453
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi P R,

Thank you for reply.

Which another setting you did here at Plant level. Please explain it for our knowledge.

Regards

S Ahmed

former_member473962
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I had gone for the recording config '1 Automatic close' and that has also solved my problem.

Basically, in SPRO, go to the list of 'recording configurations' and check out the details of each option. Then update accordingly @ plant settings.

Here is where you can check the same.

QM->Q. Inspection->Results recording->Define recording configuration.