cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error at the time of data preview (of a specific node) in calculation view

0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to do a data preview of a projection node in a calculation view and getting following error -

"Cannot open Data Explorer. Invalid argument; check for vulnerable character or character space."

I tried with other nodes in a same calculation view and getting the same error. Calculation view in question is based on multiple attribute views. Data preview for nodes works fine for other calculation views. Also, we just upgraded our SAP HANA Edition from SPS 8 (rev 85) to SPS 11.

I really appreciate any help you can provide in this matter.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

gwayne_davis
Explorer
0 Kudos

Vimal, I am also experiencing the same error message. I am using Hana Studio 2.1.20 and on Hana SP 10 Rev 102 Patch 6.  The circumstances are similar except I can open a node above, or a node below the projections that return the error.

former_member183326
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you please give me the full error you are seeing in from the indexserver.trc file?

jitendra_kumar01
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Vimal ,

Did you search any issue in indexserver trace file or provide the detailed error info.

Regards

Jitendra

gwayne_davis
Explorer
0 Kudos

Michael, I worked with Basis, recreating the message 6 times.  the only entry that was in the file was "[35611] {465133} [75/-1] 2016-08-08 08:37:06.591230 e indexmgr            IndexMgr.cpp(00624) : IndexMgr: locking failed;acquire IndexHandle with invalid TOID,object=en(2755)"  They turned up the "trace level" and received no additional information.  It is likely that the message above may not even related to my error as there was no reference to the specific node or any part of the model.

former_member183326
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please open an SAP incident and send me the incident number.

gwayne_davis
Explorer
0 Kudos

Michael, the incident has been reported under 251457 / 2016 Calculation View Experiencing Errors in Data Preview.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We just upgraded to SPS12 and am getting a similar error for data preview with Calc views having input parameters.

However, if I hard code a default value, the data preview goes through fine. Please let me know if I am missing something.

Thanks

Sudarshan