Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery should not be created if stock is not availalbe

former_member249281
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

We have a situation where delivery is being created even if stock is not available.

There is only 1 pc available and it is for another sales order.

So ideally, delivery should not be created but it is being created.

As reported it is a MTO scenario but I'm not sure about the difference between standard and MTO scenario, specially from the perspective of system configuration.

Don't know what settings and functionality which makes difference between standard and MTO scenario.

Coming back to the requirement, delivery should not be created if stock is not available.

Changes in item category customization is not allowed due to some reason.

May be, some thing can be done from ATP side.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prashant_sharma21
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Amit,

Before going to answer your question I want to explain what is the functionality of Delivery document.

Basically,Delivery document is used to initiate the shipping process of the goods, these shipping processes include picking, packing, goods issue. Suppose today we are creating the delivery and might be possible there is no stock but we are able to create because it also possible in delivery picking and further activities are another/next dates thinking that only we set delivery with no stock.

If you don't want delivery should not be created with no stock in this case you should activate the availability check at the delivery level as well.

1. activate availability check at Delivery item category 0VLP

2. fill B/C in the field Check quantity 0 in Delivery item category 0VLP

The major difference between Standard and MTO process is, in the case of MTO stock is created once order receives from the customer through Material Requirement however in the case of standard process stock are already exist using though forecasting.

To understand the MTO process in details you can go through below links.

Make-To-Order Production - Sales (SD-SLS) - SAP Library

Make to Order (MTO) and Make to Stock (MTS) - ERP Operations - SCN Wiki

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a04ec1a0-c39b-2c10-6889-f6f69625f...

I hope above link would be useful for you .

Thanks,

Prashant Sharma

former_member249281
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thank you Prashant !!

As I mentioned earlier that in order to achieve desired functionality (i.e. delivery should not be created if stock is not available), changes in item category customization is not allowed for some reason.

So, we are back to the original requirement i.e. delivery should not be created if stock is not available.

Any idea, how can we do this without making changes in item category customization.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amit,

This problem is commonly solved in standard SAP delivery processing by the use of availability checking, as mentioned by other members..

If you have some client-imposed restrictions that do not permit you to use this standard functionality, then the only solution left to you is enhancement.

Best Regards & Good Luck,

DB49

former_member249281
Discoverer
0 Kudos

As in the case of standard scenario, delivery can not be created before material availability date.

I guess, we can do the same thing in this case but not sure how.

Could you please advise.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amit,

Sure.  Create a functional specification, and then hand it off to your developers using your standard 'change management' process.

Best Regards,

DB49