Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to release demand into custom ATP categories

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are trying to release demand from Info Provider to Supply Network

planning. In that we are not able to release demand into custom ATP

categories other than standard ATP categories whuich are FA,FB,FC,FD.

Is it possible to release demand from Info provider to SNP into custom

categories as we do not see any other category in the category field

apart from 4 standard categories.

Transaction code we are using for this is: /SAPAPO/REL_TO_SNP - Release

from InfoProvider to Supply Network Planning .

Can anyone guide me.

Thanks & Regards,

Jagadeesh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you create your own atp category of type forecast, it should work.

We are using custom atp categories ZI and I am able to release demand from dp to SNP into category ZI.

I have not tried sales orders consuming this forecast however.

Ken Snyder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth,

I have created 4 custom categories, Z1 thru Z4, of type forecast. But I am not able to release the forecast from DP to SNP into these custom categories. The key figures that I mapped to these custom categories, are created in a planning area which was copied from the 9ASNP02.

So, can you release the forecast from DP into SNP into custom categories when you are using non-standard planning area? Can you throw some light on how you successfully managed to release forecast into custom categories??

Thanks,

Shiv.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can see this mentioned in the help for release to SNP from infoprovider

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/9e/c96c41c5f97e47e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

you will also see this warning when you release forecast from DP to SNP - saying you have to use the F* categories BUT it does let you release it to any category (though the standard categories may not function as desired)

Am not sure what category you are planning to release it to

but here are a few options... check if you can use FB, FC or FD and change the category groups to reflect the change in order category. you need to look at where these are used and change everything related to it in SPRO. Also check how the SNP planning area is set up. IF the category type you use is in maintanance of any KF you might have to change your design

Alternately you can load this data into DP and release it to the category you want in SNP. There is no guarantee that it will function perfectly. Also there is the additional task of creating CVCs and PA etc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

whatever u have mentioned is correct, but unfortunately we have many kinds of forecast which need to be released into different ATP categories. For that we are also explorin the options of release from info cube to SNP.

I have checked the help and tried all options given by SAP.

My question - Is there any user exit to release into Different ATP categories .

Thanks & Regards,

Jagadeesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the only option left for you is to open a note for SAP. It doesnot look like you can do it for any other categories except FA, Fb, FC and FD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Release demand to SNP from Infocube....I guess you are in V5. As per the documentation, it looks like you can use the categories for forecast orders (FA, FB, FC, and FD) for the release to SNP. It doesnot say however this is possible for Custom ATP categories.

Take a look at this note "Note 768726 - Direct release from an InfoProvider to SNP and R/3"

It says that "For release to SNP, only one of the categories FA, FB, FC or FD can be selected."

I will let you know if I find more information.

Hope this helps.