cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download SP without Solution Manager?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, We have an ERP on-prem connecting to Fiori, Gateway applications on HCP. We are in a position to patch certain ABAP SP's on ERP (eg: SAP_FIN from 618 001 to 618 003). Do I need Solution Manager to apply one or all of these patches? I was over-hearing some one saying that we can do maintenance-optimizer now through the Support Market place. Is this possible? If so, please advise how I can do this. Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jim,

Yes whatever you have heard is correct but you need to have accurate data on the SMP portal to do it.

first all the data must be accurately present in your SLD/LDMB of Solution Manager which also means you need to have a well running and maintained connections with your managed system and solution manager (Solman_setup)

Secondly once everything is correct shown in LMDB you can then push it maintenance planner for generation of stack files etc

Finally you can use the stack file and download patches to proceed with upgrade.

I would recommend to check below document or the user guide for Maintenance planner.

Maintenance Tools: Maintenance Planner and Maintenance Optimizer - Solution Manager - SCN Wiki

Thanks

Prakhar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

yakcinar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jim,

As of July 2015, Maintenance Planner in SAP Support Portal is the central tool to plan updates, upgrades and new installations in your system landscape.

You can see Maintenance Tools: Maintenance Planner and Maintenance Optimizer - Solution Manager - SCN Wiki for details.

Your system's info (SP levels etc) must be current on SMP in order to use maintenance planner without any conflict.

Regards,

Yuksel AKCINAR

rahul_yedapally
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Yuksel

For Maintenance Planner also we need an solution manager

First From LMDB we will upload the data to Service market place from there stack file will be calculated with help of maintenance  planner

@Jim,

Yes, SAP Recommends to use solution manager in  the landscape .

Cheers,

Rahul Yedapally