cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I take a completed assembly back one step on the BOM in SAP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I’m looking for help with disassembling an item back down a BOM structure in SAP. With the department I work with we try to build to stock, called our 58- level. This is the top tier of our BOM and what we send to customers. After we started using SAP a new problem came up related to items getting used for In-house projects. If another department uses the same product it gets counted as a 57- level (same item minus the shipping container sub assembly)

Now we have two issues. 1) we can spend 2-3 days making a single item specifically for that level through production orders for our in-house use.  2) find a way to use SAP to take the item already in stock can bring it down one assembly level in the BOM.

The reason we do not stock the 57-‘s is qty. We may only get a request for these in-house parts a handful of times each year while customer orders come in every few months. Our shelf space is limited so stocking that 57-level isn’t reasonable. So how can I use SAP to take a completed assembly and bring it back down the BOM structure easily to remove un-needed subassemblies?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Seems your requirement is not related to sales.  If so, you have to rephrase your content explaining what is that 57 & 58 levels and also whether in sale order you would like to remove certain child components.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, It wasn't supposed to go under that category. This site kept redirecting me when I tried to enter the discussion.

Answers (0)