cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S4HANA Fresh Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are trying to install S4HANA new system.

We have finished with the Installation of HANA DB Instance.

Downloaded Media for S4HANA :

51050423_3 : DVD_KERNEL - SAP Kernel 745 for S/4 HANA

51050422 : DVD_EXPORT - S4HANA OP100 Installation Export DVD

SWPM - SWPM10SP17 - Software Provisioning Manager 1.0 SP17

When we are trying to run the SWPM we get the below screen.

We are not able find the SAP S/4HANA Core in SWPM. we tried to move ahead with the present option but we are getting error in the Export phase.

I went through the Installation guide where its mentioned to download the latest SWPM.

I have searched on scn where i could see that the older version of SWPM consist of SAP S/4HANA Core.

I have gone through some blogs in scn, found confusing

I have few doubts here:

1. Why i'm not able to see the SAP S/4HANA Core option in SWPM and where can i get the older version of SWPM i:e (SWPM10SP10 or SWPM10SP09

2. What is the Difference between SAP S/4HANA Core and AS ABAP for S4HANA frontend

3. How will we able to install both core and front end on the same System.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Xherdan 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182967
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Xherdan,

1. S/4HANA Core is replaced by SAP S/4HANA Server Support Release 1 in latest SWPM (please download the latest SWPM Installation Guide as well).

For my case (not latest SWPM, released several months before).

2. S/4HANA Core is the next-generation business suite. AS ABAP for S/4HANA Frontend is only the frontend (or gateway) used by Fiori.

3. If you want to install both on one system, just select option SAP S/4HANA Server Support Release 1 and then install Fiori related software components.

Regards,

Ning

Former Member
0 Kudos

maybe you are using a wrong download. i am using this one: SWPM10SP09_6-20009701.sar