Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugging of JSP-Issues in WPMF-Plugins

former_member329581
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi there,

in older ME-Version it was easy to see if something was wrong in the JSP und causes parsing-errors (wrong attributes etcs) In 15.1 it just blows up the whole POD with an internal error and nothing is traced or logged. Is there a secret switch that im missing or was the framework really changed to explode on parsing-errors?!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stan_woods
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Kay,

I am not sure which previous version you are meaning but starting with 6.1, the ME POD was changed to make use of JSF technology to perform the rendering for the POD.  While the file might be a JSP, it is processed as a JSF file by the JSF renderers.  In some cases you will see errors in the application or default trace log files, this is not always the case.  I also have seen the same issue you are seeing with parsing errors and have not found an easy way to debug this type of problem unfortunately.

Best Regards,,

Stan

former_member329581
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stan,

JSF was also the UI-Technology behind 6.0 ... Im not shure It the messing was starting with 15.0 or 15.1 but Im pretty shure that it was working with 6.1 ... Parsing-Errors was in the defautl-trace and also on the UI.

stan_woods
Explorer
0 Kudos

Kay,

The POD framework logging was modified quite a while ago to use the standard ME logging functions.  The logging configuration for this is defined using the ME Manufacturing Admin application.  Have you set the logging configuration on your server:

http://&host:&port/manufacturing-admin

Then select "Logging Configuration" to define what is logged and where.

Best Regards,

Stan

former_member329581
Participant
0 Kudos

Error and Warning is Enabled. But there is nothing for POD-Framwork or similar?

stan_woods
Explorer
0 Kudos

On my server I have set to log trace messages to the application server log file.  I  also have General and Debugging trace enabled.   There is not a setting for the POD framework as it just is treated like any other ME activity.  I will test it by adding a wrong attribute in my plugin jsp to see what I get.

stan_woods
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am able to replicate the problem and can confirm that this is an issue that should and can be fixed.  Can you write up a ticket on this problem and submit it to component MFG-ME-PRD-MSC?