Participant
0 Kudos

Dear experts

We have the following Scenario:

- Predictive Analytics 3.0 Desktop Version

- HANA Revision 1.00.120.00.1462275491

- HANA ODBC setup

- PA language is german and the Windows 10 OS  is also in german

We have HANA Views with texts in german but whilst viewing the data in PA the german language is not beeing used.

Which settings have to be maintained in order to use german language when viewing data in PA?

Cheers

M

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

marc_daniau
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You want to define a predictive model based on an HANA view with for instance, Customer Category, that is available in several languages: English, German, etc. The support of multi-lingual data is not implemented ; it is part of PA product backlog among many other features. Can I ask you to describe the business need using the idea place https://ideas.sap.com/PredictiveAnalytics

former_member186752
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marc

For example: 0VTYPE has multilanguage texts and ithe texts are displayed in english.

Are you saying that there is no available setting to adjust in order to achive our goal?

marc_daniau
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Marian,

That's correct you will see the data in English even if your product local setting is German.

The predictive model will be built using the English data coming from the database.

marc_daniau
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Marian,

A solution is to set German as the default language of the Predictive Analytics HANA user.

Here is the SQL statement: ALTER USER <user_name> SET PARAMETER LOCALE ='DE';

I tried it on a multi-lingual calculation view and was able to see the labels in German from Predictive Analytics.

marc_daniau
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Another option is to set the locale in the HANA ODBC connection used by Predictive Analytics.

In the attached bitmap I defined the locale for Italian, in your case you would use German ; note that it takes precedence over the HANA user setting that is described in my previous reply.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member192417
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Could you please check whether the default language setting for the HANA user is set to DE instead of EN?

Thanks,

Debraj