cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Architecture design for Interface whether to use NW BPM or not ?

0 Kudos

Hello PI/PO Experts,

Scenario flow : Workday-->sftp-->PO 7.4--> SAP HR Systems

I have scenario where File is kept @SFTP Location PO need to pick it up and have to call 2 webservice calls to workday from PO , to get Additional Nationalities and Events/Reasons. Finally I have to merge file with 2 webservice responses.

Output : File + Additional nationalities + Events/Reasons.

My idea is use NW BPM to achieve this.

Can we achieve this without using BPM. (using intermediate scenarios).

Need your valuable inputs

Regards,

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

You can avoid the BPM with two message mappings in the operation mapping and doing one SOAP lookups in each one. Examples:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a0b6bb9d-7689-2c10-52a7-c3bd341d4...

Regards.

0 Kudos

Thanks Inaki.

First i will do POC to test this, if this suits my requirement then I will go ahead with this. Else will use BPM.

--kumar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Lets think of this approach:

Scenario 1: first create Simple file to file scenario with 3 file receiver say S1 to R1,R2,R3

Scenario 2:R1 will trigger first web service and get the response  and store in  another folder say R4

Scenario 3:same as R1, R2 will trigger 2nd  web service and get the response  and store in  another folder say R5,

you can use async-sync bridge to handle the Scenario 2 and 3

and in last

scenario 4: read all three files from  R3,R4,R5 in single go means use Additional file option and merge them in mapping  and create a new file in  R5.

if you are Lucky you will have R3,R4,R5, have same structure then you dont need java mapping just use append option at receiver side.

Regards

GB

0 Kudos

Thanks GB for your reply.

let me do POC on this as well.

former_member194786
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

I would still recommend using BPM, so that monitoring and error handling can be done in a better way. With the calls from UDF, you will miss those features.

If you completely want to avoid using BPM, then as Inaki has suggested you can use 2 message mappings. Or, may be you can try doing soap lookup for both fields in the same mapping, if the output of SOAP calls is just one field. Haven't tried this before, so can't be sure.

Regards,

Sanjeev.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I completely agree with Sanjeev, a BPM is the clearest scenario because you have all the integration architecture in one view. However, i prefer sometimes to develop scenarios in which i have an easily maintenance, in this way you can have a third option to do three scenarios:

SFTP - SAP HR (inbound proxy) (async)

SAP HR (outbound proxy) - WS 1 SOAP (sync) (this will raised in the inbound proxy)

SAP HR (outbound proxy) - WS 2 SOAP (sync)

In SAP HR you can develop a error control in ABAP with a Z table for example if any WS fails, and to do a report with an ALV to control the error handling with a button to repeat any WS call if this fails. If the WS request failing will not happing, or only occasionally you can opt for the BPM option.

Regards.

former_member194786
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Building on that what Inaki has suggested, when using BPM scenario, you can create retry mechanism in the BPM as well.

Catch technical exception and use a counter to limit the retry to 3 times or whatever limit you want. And if the issue is still not resolved, create a BPM task, where user can then restart the BPM when issue has been resolved (considering issue is technical connectivity etc.).

Too many options now.

Cheers,

Sanjeev.

0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

Thanks for your reply.

Response of the webservice call 1 and call 2 will be 5 fields and challenge here is the response need to be added to respective employee.

ex : I am fetching additional nationality as a webservice call then I have to add to respective worker.

If I fetch additional nationality for worker 2 then I have to add worker2 nationality.

-<Worker1>

-<Worker_Summary>

<WID>str1234</WID>

<Employee_ID>str1234</Employee_ID>

<Name>str1234</Name>

<natioanlity>france</nationality>

</worker_summary>

</worker>

</worker n>

can I handle this after my webservice response ? basically this response need to add to main file(the one i am picking from Sftp).

Regards,

Kumar

0 Kudos

Inaki,

Handling as outbound proxies in HR end is not possible, because PO sends file to again local PI box then to SAP HR system.

This Option is not possible.

Regads,

Kumar