Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

want to Restore Prd data on existing Qua with creating new client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

i have requirement

here we have Lanscape as DEV QUA PRD  we are regularly taking PRD backup but we have not restore it and checked it since long . now we need to

restore the tape backup on exixting QUA by creating new client in that system .  we do not have extra hardware . it means without disturd present QUA

system . is it possible

Give some neccessary information on the same..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Johan_sapbasis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can only do a remote client copy of production to QA and create a new client in QA.

I strongly recommend that you do not use this as in intended system refresh method.

Client copies are easy and very well documented.

1. Check KBA it is a full how to

1537913 - Client Copy: Local, Remote, Export/Import & deletion

2. For space requirements check:

2260052 - Tablesapce size required during client copy

2164701 - Client Copy Resource Analysis

Also note that the client transport tool does not support copying complete systems or transporting productionclients. Therefore you cannot use this tool to make a system copy

Kind Regards,

Johan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajendra,

how about creating a new instance in QA and restoring the back up of PRD. I believe it requires additional storage, if its only testing purpose you can use a temporary HDD and test the back up.

Regards,

Rathish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

The way you describe your next steps, I say that´s impossible.

If you plan to restore a backup from PRD to QUA, all info in current QUA will be gone.

Regrads.

Osvaldo Dias Ferreira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

is there any way to different client XXX in Qua and restore in that client . we need to keep existing QUA system as it is .we have enough hardware in Qua blade

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

If you want to maintain QUA as it is, you can create a new client and do a client copy.

(There as several checks you have to make before)

All the info you need:

https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?title=Client+Copy&spaceKey=SLstage

Regards.

Osvaldo Dias Ferreira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

No need of client copy we did many times we need to check our backup wheather it is restoring  or not in case of emergency  by creating new client in Qua system...

Regards