cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variant conditions in Variant configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

<u>Problem:</u> When creating condition records for VA00 (Variant conditions) i am not able to see any variant options in the F4 options list.

I have assigned class C1 to my material.

In the Class C1, i have the following characteristics 1) Colour 2) Diameter 3) Var_cond.

the Characteristic Var_cond has table and field reference as SDCOM-VKOND.

FOr the other two characteristics, i have defined the dependencies for all the values in the syntax $SELF.Var_cond = ' RED '

Now when i am trying to maintain cond records in VK11 for VA00, i should get the values RED/BLUE etc etc in F4 option list that i am not getting.

What is it that i am missing?

Thanks

Arijeet

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aribis,

As I said in my previous post, you would not see the values ina drop down menu. You can create the values in VK30 if you want. But what you are describing as a problem is actually standard functionality. Just type in the values, RED and BLUE in VK11 and assign a surcharge.

One more thing, if there is more than one characteristic involved in determining the surcharge, then you need to create a table to store the values. I have an easy, step by step guide in pdf if you want. Let me know

regards

Michalis Papadopoulos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michail,

what you suggested worked out perfectly. so VK30 holds all the variants that are proposed as options in VK11 entry. thanks for that.

also, i am interested in going through the document that you mentioned. i would appreciate if you can mail that to ari555@rediffmail.com

Regards

Arijeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm thinking about uploading some more documents. Check the blog every now and then...

http://sapqueries.blogspot.com/

cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me know if you can download it. I've not tried it yet

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks a lot.

I downloaded that. will go through it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

michail.. good work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

http://sapqueries.blogspot.com/2007/05/variant-configuration.html

I've posted the document on my blog. Check the link above. It should give you a detailed guide of what to do.

regards

Michalis Papadopoulos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats a helpful doc..thanks Michalis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aribis,

You wouldn't see the values in VK11. You crate the vlaues for your Var_cond in VK30.

Can you tell me exactly what your business rules are?

Colour Red and Diameter y then Price = 100

Colour Blue and Diameter y then Price = 200

etc. etc.

If I know what you need to do I can give you the code you need to write in the dependency editor.

regards

Michalis Papadopoulos

Former Member
0 Kudos

My requirement is that we have a bsic price for Pen, (PR00) say 10.

<u>For Char. COLOR</u>

Now if we choose Blue, then add a surcharge (VA00) of 0.5

Now if we choose Red, then add a surcharge of 1.0

Similarly for Diameter, we are adding surcharges based on the Char value.

This is a simulated scenario that we will present to our client in the initial demo to demonstrate the Variant config function after which they will give the real requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

just check if the characteristics are all assinged properly.

anyways.. pl go thru these steps again to chek and confirm.

The procedure is as follows:

Create a Material - KMAT type with Item category (002)

Create Charateristics in CT04 - Zbike, where in values mention the Color of the bile like Red, Blue etc

Create another characteristics in CT04 - ZPrice, where directly go the additional data tab and maintain the table SDCOM and field VKOND (ABAP Dictionary it will ask for)

Assign these two characteristics to a Class in CL01 - ZBikeclass ( Type 300) in characteristics tab page.

Then go to CU41 Configuration profile select the material and enter the description click on the class assignment ie assign Zbikclass.

Now go back to CT04 - enter Zbike -go to values- select Red- go to extras - Other Dependencies - Select Procedure enter in front 10 write - $self.ZPrice='Red' and save

Now go back go to extras - Other Dependencies - assignments and assign

relationship ( by default it will come just save)

Now select Blue- go to extras - Other Dependencies - Editor - Select Procedure enter in front of 10 write - $self.ZPrice='Blue' and save

Now go back go to extras - Other Dependencies - assignments and assign relationship ( by default it will come just save)

Now go to VK11 - Enter VA00 (Condition)(For Std RVA001 Pricing Procedure) - enter variant Red and Blue give the rates accordingly and create the sales order.

Hope it helps. Pl reward if useful.

Thanks,

Sadhu Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sadhu for such a descriptive process steps.

I have done exactly as per your steps only but my problem is in the last para of yours.

When i maintain condition records for my variants in VK11 for Cond type VA00 and when i get into the screen where i need to put the Variants and their coresponding values, i am not able to search the variants (the characteristics i created) in the list of variants there (in F4). If i manually give BLUE/Red then it takes.