cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deletion of columns in Non-SAP Oracle System

timkorba
Participant
0 Kudos

I am working with a Non-SAP Oracle system and there are instances that they delete columns from one of the tables.  Some of these tables are very large in nature and if we can avoid the reload step in SLT that would be ideal.  I understand that the structures between SLT and Oracle will change and also the target SAP HANA system table will also require to change.  Are there manual steps that can avoid a large reload of this data?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Because you dropped the column, I believe you have to stop and re-start the Replication for the table so that all of the programs get the new definition of the table...but the below might help with avoiding or minimizing the impact.

The only thing I can think of to try is this.

1) Alter table in target system  to remove the column OR  in SLT, Go to LTRS  and Table Settings and modify the table and ADD a column to the target table definition with the same name as the old column.  This column will just be blank going forward.

2) Change the Reload Behavior on this same screen to "No Action".   This will prevent the table from being dropped and recreated at a later step.

3) Stop Replication for your table in question.

Option 1

4) Start Replication for your table

5) Go to the Data Transfer Monitor tab in LTRC,  highlight your table and click the Pencil

6) Change the Transfer Behavior to 3.  This tells it to do Upserts.  It will still do the full reload, but you don't have to drop the data in the target database

Option 2

4) You will have to manually insert some records into the RS_ORDER table in your target database/schema.  These 3 inserts which you have to do 1 at a time and allow it to process each before the next can run will.   Create the triggers and tables you need for Replication.  And will start the delta jobs.  But skips the Initial Load.   I don't know why there isn't a way to do this via LTRC  but they haven't done it yet.    In the below SQL you will have to change your Schema and the first 3 columns in the values section.  If you want to know what you should put in.  Look at the table right after you schedule a table to see what it looks like for your configuration.

insert into "TC2"."RS_ORDER" values('QW1','uxqw1ci_QW1_52','CDPOS',0,'T','COLUMN','N','E')

insert into "TC2"."RS_ORDER" values('QW1','uxqw1ci_QW1_52','CDPOS',0,'M','COLUMN','N','E')

insert into "TC2"."RS_ORDER" values('QW1','uxqw1ci_QW1_52','CDPOS',0,'Q','COLUMN','N','E')