SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prevent estimation (EL18) for suppressed read

ankit_munshi2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

is there a standard customization in SPRO (or any other setting) available to stop suppressed MROs from getting estimated by EL18 batch runs ? We do not want any suppressed orders to get estimated.

Whats the established practice in industry ? How do we handle suppressed orders ? (suppressed orders eablg-unterdr = X)

Thanks,

AM

2 REPLIES 2

monis_shakeel
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

I am not sure if there is any such customizing setting. I have never come across it.

One of the clients I had worked with was getting the meter read for the supressed order from the vendor and the only reason why they used suppression was to not send bills in very short spans to the customer.

I would though like to understand why the order is being created which will be supressed ?

If you don't want to estimate it, will it be closed in anyway ? Can we look into reversing it ?

Regards,

Monis Shakeel

0 Kudos

Hello,

In many situations like below order gets suppressed :

- Batch job EL09 creates a periodic order in the morning for scehduled MRD xxxx. In the afternoon, same installation reports a move out order on the same date xxxx. Due to this, periodic order gets suppressed.

However, if move out order is not fulfilled with read till xxxx date, estimation job ends up fulfilling suppressed periodic order (as per SAP , thats how El16 is supposed to behave) which in turn leads to move-out order taking up estimated read (which is not correct).

Thats why we were thinking of preventing estimation job EL16 from estimating suppressed orders.

Reversing would not be an option because that may have to be done on a case to case basis. We want a generic solution for this.