Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can I use duplicate entity attribute name and code

Former Member
0 Kudos
CategoryCheckObjectLocation
Data ItemData Item used multiple timesData Item 'MANDT'<Model>
Data ItemData Item used multiple timesData Item 'VTEXT'<Model>
Entity AttributeEntity Attribute name uniquenessEntity Attribute 'TSPAT.MANDT'<Model>::TSPAT
Entity AttributeEntity Attribute name uniquenessEntity Attribute 'TSPAT.VTEXT'<Model>::TSPAT
Entity AttributeEntity Attribute name uniquenessEntity Attribute 'TVZBT.MANDT'<Model>::TVZBT
Entity AttributeEntity Attribute name uniquenessEntity Attribute 'TVZBT.VTEXT'<Model>::TVZBT
Entity AttributeEntity Attribute code uniquenessEntity Attribute 'TSPAT.MANDT'<Model>::TSPAT
Entity AttributeEntity Attribute code uniquenessEntity Attribute 'TSPAT.VTEXT'<Model>::TSPAT
Entity AttributeEntity Attribute code uniquenessEntity Attribute 'TVZBT.MANDT'<Model>::TVZBT
Entity AttributeEntity Attribute code uniquenessEntity Attribute 'TVZBT.VTEXT'

<Model>::TVZBT

I want to make an erd of SAP tables and as far as I know, sap tables use duplicate names for its fields. So how can I make an erd using entity names and code for another entity?

please help me. Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

GeorgeMcGeachie
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sebastian, please clarify the situation for us. Which of these are you attempting?

1. Create entity attributes in TSAPT with the same name as entity attributes in TVZBT
  2. Create duplicate entity attributes within one entity, such as two attributes called MANDT in TSAPT

Option 2 is not supported by any relational modelling tool I know, so I'll assume option 1 is true.

I can tell that you're using the CDM, and that you're reusing data items as attributes in multiple entities. So the data item MANDT is used by multiple entities (check the Dependencies tab on the data item properties to see which one); because the attributes all reference the same data item, they share all the properties of that data item, including the Definition, Name and Code. Is that what you want to achieve? Alternatively, you could create duplicate Data Items, so each instance of MANDT is a separate Data Item - select the 'Unique Code' option in the Data Items section within the model options.

Now I have to ask a modelling question - are you creating multiple MANDT attributes as foreign key attributes? There are no foreign key attributes in the CDM, and I would not advise anyone to create them manually. If you have to see foreign key attributes in your model, use the LDM instead.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

what I want to achieve is making an er model which have for example 2 entities with attributes like table tspat and tvzbt. as far as I know in SAP table there are key field, key field is like a primary key for its table. so I make mandt as primary key for each entities same as tspat and tvzbt table in sap

and also I want to know how can I make mandt as primary key and doesn't have to be a foreign key if its have a relationship with other entity. by the way sir, after I make conceptual data model, I generate logical data model for foreign key.

GeorgeMcGeachie
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are no FK attributes in the CDM, so you can't add FK attributes to a PK. Instead, add the relationship by selecting the 'Dependent' check box on the Cardinalities tab on the relationship properties.

former_member200945
Contributor
0 Kudos

What do you try to do using Powerdesigner?

Create model?

Import from other SAP tool?

Reverse engineer from HANA?

Former Member
0 Kudos

create ER-model (conceptual data model).