cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power Designer 16.5.5 Import Model from Excel issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP Power Designer 16.5 SP05 PL02 (64-bit) Version 16.5.5.2 (4734) I am trying to import a model using Excel. I am getting the following error:  "Object creation can only be done through composition collections (0x80020009) at line 4722, character 4". After I select ok I am prompted if I want to fix the script. I select yes, then the Extension Properties Dialogue box opens with the Method Script tab selected. Below is the script contained within. I never get prompted by the Wizard to select the excel file to use for model creation. Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

Sub %Method%(obj)

' Create new object    Dim import

set import = obj.ExtendedObjects.CreateNew()  

if not import is nothing then     

import.Stereotype = "ExcelImport"               

' Launch import     

import.ExecuteCustomMethod "%CurrentTargetCode%.Import"           

' Detect error     

If import.GetExtendedAttribute( "%CurrentTargetCode%.DataSourcePersist") = "" then        

import.Delete     

End If       set import = nothing  

End If  

End Sub

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Philip,

When I select File > Import > Excel the New Model screen opens. I select the Logical Model from within the Model Type. When I select OK, that is when I receive the error. What should happen is the dialogue box that enables me to select the source Excel file should open so that I can browse to it.  Im not sure what you mean by "source object map to wrong target"  Can you elaborate on what you mean?

Thank you,

Jessie

former_member200945
Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you create a simple excel file and attach to here so I can try?

former_member200945
Contributor
0 Kudos

The code does not have issue.

The problem is that your source object map to wrong target.

Please check before the error, how do you map the object.