cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control custom field in Batch, using table: V_T148G_BATCH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone please shed some light on how to configure the custom field for Batch Mater, from SPRO settings or using table: V_T148G_BATCH.

This new custom field was added with a Screen badi so we would want to configure using the SPRO settings.

Thanks,

Kumar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member233510
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

To add new field, please use the following function.

SPRO --> Logistics general --> Batch Management --> Batch Master --> Field Selection Batch Master --> Assign Fields to Field groups

BR, Rosh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reverting Rosh.

Yes field groups been assigned to the given custom field.

But still when we configure it as required field its not displaying it as required field in MSC1N.

Please let me know if any other setting or config is being missed here.

Regards,

Kumar.

former_member233510
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Do you able to see the newly created field in the transaction MSC1N?

If yes, press F1 and check the Table-Field name. Then use the following function, note down the field group assigned.

SPRO --> Logistics general --> Batch Management --> Batch Master --> Field Selection Batch Master --> Assign Fields to Field groups

Once you noted the field group, use the following function and make the field status "Required".

SPRO --> Logistics general --> Batch Management --> Batch Master --> Field Selection Batch Master --> Edit Field selection Control

No other settings required according to my knowledge.

BR, Rosh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again Rosh for reverting. These both settings were taken care earlier. But still its not displaying the custom field as required field in MSC1N tcode.

Below screenshots are for your references, please:

Regards,

Kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moderator,

Am counting on the group suggestion please on my query to completed my task, my latest reply to my query is still being moderated since long time, can I know the reason for this?

Regards,

Kumar.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are spoiled. There is no other space in SCN where your content is so fast approved or rejected than in MM. But every other week I need 3 hours sleep, and sometimes I go to the cinema

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey chill bud have fun live life and be blessed.

I never thought there is only one person looking after entire SAP community questions.

Peace.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Group,

Has anyone come across this issue?

If yes, pointers please.

Regards,

Kumar.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In front of the customizing is a docu button, it has instructions how to find the field group.

Can you follow this instruction and tell if you could find your  fields field selection group this way.

This docu says at the end 3 times that the settings are possible for standard fields

This often had some specific meaning.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your suggestion, let me have a look as suggested and let you know.

Regards,

Kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

The doc mentioned about standard fields, didn't mention anything about Customized fields. I believe some other setting is needed to control the customized fields.

Thanks,

Kumar.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think such functionality is just not foreseen for customized fields, I haven't seen it in field selection, not for customers, not for vendors and not for materials.

There is a SAP note 823724 - Batch master record field selectn control for DFBATCH-LGORT for a missing check on the field selection in case of a storage location field.

Looking at the code corrections, and from there jumping into original programs to see the full coding may give you an impression what has to be done and you can analyze technically if this feature is available for customized fields.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

We have implemented a this latest note: 2282311 from SAP, which has the provision for placing customized fields in Batch master and that's how we placed this customized field through a screen badi which is a part of MSC1N tcode in Basic data2 tab.

So we are looking at controlling this field at the SPRO settings for Batch Management (Edit fields)

I will take a look at your suggested note: 823724 once and see if its helpful for us.

Thank you for all your suggestions and appreciate your time on this.

Kind Regards,

Kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closing this thread, handling through code to control the field input.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

anand_sagarsethi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

You can avoid creating a custom field in the Batch master.

Actually it's much simpler to use the batch classification.

Just follow the steps below:

1 - Create a characteristic to represent this field on CT04

2 - Create a class of type 023, adding this characteristic to the batch

3 - Add this class to the material master on tab classification

4 - When creating the batch, insert the desired value on the classification.

Thanks

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Thanks for your suggestion, but we are working on this customized field as there will be few reports that needs to be developed based on this field and it would be easier for us to do it this way around.

Regards,

Kumar.