Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA Live

former_member198680
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are working on the HANA live views and wanted to know some basics.

1) What is the process for HANA live views implementation? Do we install all the HANA live views in Dev and then move only views needed to the production or just install all of the views in production directly and no need to move any HANA live views across transport?

Thanks in Advance,

Prasad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183326
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Firstly before you import any views, make sure you have done all the pre reqs, import all the needed tables for these views to actually work.

See the above guide for the note where it gives the pre req tables for the HANA live views.

if I were you, I would always test the views on the Dev or Sandbox system like every other thing you are thinking of importing into a production system??? you dont want problems with the installation on your production.

former_member198680
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Amit and Michael for your inputs.

We have already completed all the pre requisites and also downloaded the HANA live views for ERP successfully. Also started demos with the HANA live views using Lumira and BOBJ in Dev system.

My question is to confirm my understanding on the transport process of these HANA live views from Dev to Prod. Do we follow the regular process of transporting these installed views from Dev to Q to Prd or install the HANA live views directly in the production system? (Ofcourse after all the pre requisites of schema mappings, testing in dev etc)

Thanks,

Prasad

former_member183326
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes you can use delivery units to transport these views via hdbalm.

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_hanaplatform/helpdata/en/b9/2b9bdc457c42ba920e3ed6b09e4463/content.htm

Amit_Tewatia
Active Participant
0 Kudos

yes, regular transport process needs to be followed here for transporting views to next environment.

Regards,

Amit T

Amit_Tewatia
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi Prasad,

check beloe link for complete HANA Live doc as well as faq's

check Administrator's guide for Install, config and operations information:

SAP HANA Live – SAP Help Portal Page

Regards,

Amit T