Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sapinst SAPINST_REMOTE_ACCESS_USER not working

former_member204618
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm trying to run sapinst with the options -nogui SAPINST_REMOTE_ACCESS_USER=username SAPINST_REMOTE_ACCESS_USER_IS_TRUSTED=true

using a domain admin account on Windows Server 2012 R2.

I am running the latest patch Version 2016.06.1

The problem comes about when trying to start sapinstgui, it doesn't recognise the account that's specified with SAPINST_REMOTE_ACCESS_USER=

saying the username doesn't exist even though it does.

If I run sapinst myself specifying myself with the above option I can login!

Any ideas what's causing this?

Thanks

Craig

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member204618
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Think I might have found another bug.

I've just installed a diagnostic agent on HP-UX all successful.

But when I rerun sapinst it continues the installation of the diagnostics agent again as though it hadn't completed!

I repeated this 3 times and same happened every time.

Even deleting the /tmp/sapinst_instdir directory it repeats it still

Any ideas?

Cheers

Craig

UPDATE never mind fixed it.  Had to delete ~/.sdtgui directory

former_member204618
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

UPDATE,

I've just tried this on HP-UX with root user and trusted user as sidadm and same problem, user unknown!  I've update the SAP incident accordingly.

If I login with the root user or the user who initiated the sapinst call it logs me in.  Seems like parameter SAPINST_REMOTE_ACCESS_USER is being ignored!

hendrikweise
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Craig,

at the moment, the only thing I can think of is this remark from the installation guide:

"If you need to specify another operating system user with the SAPINST_REMOTE_ACCESS_USER command line parameter, make sure that this user exists on the remote host."

Is this given in your case?

Otherwise we do require the two 'dev_selfex.out' files from both hosts and the 'sapinst_dev.log', should it already exist.

Kind regards,

Hendrik

former_member204618
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hendrik,

All users exist on the domain, neither user domain admin or the user specified with the option has a local account on the server, but both are members of the local Administrators group.

Both users are running on the same server, no remote access per se.

I can provide the dev_selfex.out file but unless I can log in no sapinst_dev.log is created as far as I can tell!

http://paste.ubuntu.com/19152032/

Cheers

Craig

hendrikweise
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Craig,

please open an incident on BC-INS-FWK and provide as much detail as possible (screenshot from error, dev_selfex.out, open WTS connection etc.).

I will post solution here once we found it but at the moment I don't know.

Best,

Hendrik

former_member204618
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hendrik,

I can provide the screenshot but I can't open any connection to the server as it's a test system in the Azure cloud and not currently part of our sap landscape.

If I run sapinst -nogui SAPINST_REMOTE_ACCESS_USER=myusernam SAPINST_REMOTE_ACCESS_USER_IS_TRUSTED=true

Then run sapinstgui as myusername it accepts my log in, but not if sapinst is ran by another user.

So what now?

Thanks

Craig

hendrikweise
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hey,

as said, please open an incident in the Support Portal. We need to check this as of yet we did not have a similar case.
When you do, please mention this SCN thread.

Cheers,

Hendrik

former_member204618
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hendrik,

I've raised the call 002075129500002238062016.

Cheers

Craig

0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

thanks for raising this issue. It is a regression that has slipped through the cracks with us.

We will fix it with the next SAPinst release.

Cheers, Klaus-Georg

0 Kudos

Hi,

SAPinst 720.0.34 is released, problem should be fixed.

Best regards,

Klaus-Georg