cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FILE-RFC ADAPTER problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying file->xi->rfc adapter scenario.

My scenario is employee information is written to flat file n will be kept on ftp server.THe file adapter will pickup the file and sends it to rfc adapter through pipeline service.

This is going well. The problem is the data is not being updated into receiving sap system.

in SXMB_MONI transaction the messages are successully processed . But there are no messges in rfc adapter when i gone through idx5 transaction???

Any one have idea??

Thanks in advance.

Rgds,

Ram Sri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

cdumont69
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Do you comit your RFC ?

If you want to use Asynchronous RFC, you can use this Weblog to get back return message from your RFC :

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/05/09/how-to-call-a-bapi-asynchronously-from-xi--with-qrfc

Regards,

Chris

Message was edited by: Christophe DUMONT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check SM58 for any problems. Secondly, the rfc may be called, but there maynot be any data in the payload(due to incorrect mapping). Just return a value in the return parameter of the rfc to find out if the rfc is getting triggered or not.

HTH

Pandari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i have checked in sm58, I observed am getting the error '

Exception in handleRequest of server Xmb2RfcServic

e: java.lang.Exception:'.

In sxmb_moni,the messges have status 'Processed successfully. But i don;t see any message in idx5.

Thanks in advance.

Rgds,

Ram Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ALL,

I am using file---> XI -

> rfc adapter . I assume that both are asybnchronous. If any error occurs on receiving

side how should we see the errors? How come we know that error has occured. Because in SXMB_MONI i see my message is processed successfully. But there is no data in idx5 and no updation in r/3. Any help?

Rgds,

Ram Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

sxmb_moni only shows the status of the integration engine's processing, not the result of what happened in the rfc call. First, you can check if the adapter framework successfully passed the message to the destination system (not on moni, thru RWB)

as far as did the rfc succeed - it's as difficult as always with internal processing. We did a lot of testing by debugging modules on the destination side (manually putting in the data as the adapter would've to step thru & see where the message is "lost") - have not yet found a better way, sorry. It's not so much a problem with XI, just in general the difficulty to debug rfc's