Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question in Message Monitoring.

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a synchronous scenario which failed due to HTTP server error and received an alert email on the same, in the message monitoring I  filtered the errors and cancelled messages, but in both the columns I did not find the error message, then I copied the message id and pasted it in identifiers and filtered, then it showed up the failed message: my question why it did not show up in message monitoring errors:

Thanks,

Vijay.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vijay,

When you click the link for alert mail are you able to get the message?

I believe as Bhavesh suggested try searching with correct timestamp.

It might be due to wrong time interval in the Message monitoring Tab.

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Raghu! I am able to filter with message id, but my question is why its not directly showing up either in error or in cancelled column.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Where it is not showing Vijay.

In the normal message status overview TAB?

There did you check with correct time Range.Guess you will get it there also.

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Raghu, If you see the screenshot, its not showing up for the 2 inbound message failures in message status overview tab.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vijay,

So you mean to say 2 messages are failed and only one is being showed up in message status overview?

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1 outbound and 2 inbound failed, the 1 outbound failed message showing up in cancelled column and the 2 inbound failed messages are not showing up in message status tab either in error or cancelled column.But when i check with message id, received from alert email, then its showing up....

My question why its unable to show up the 2 inbound failures in message monitoring...hope am clear....

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vijay,

It should be ter,did you filter with proper dates and timestamp?

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes i did...please find the above screen shot....

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vijay,

Then those errors could have failed at the channel level ,I mean at the sender adapter side.

See if you can see the logs in the sender adapter side.

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

no...its not there in communication channel monitoring.....

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vijay,

Are you having any ICO Logging for this interface or using global settings?

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

these are the settings for interface:

look at my first screen shot, the status of the message is log version, is that the reason its not showing up in error or cancelled column, if so whats the log version and where to find that failures?

Thanks!

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the below discussion

But How it is missed in message status overview is confusing.The same message is visible in message datbase view right?

PavanKumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

If you want to get the failed sync messages which is failed during response generation, then you need to filter with Status All instead filtering with errors

In message status overview don't click on error messages or cancelled with error, Just go to Database and provide the filter All which displays all kind of status

or you can also get if you filter with sender component & receiver component with specific time period

As you enabled log version in ICO sync message persisted and log version is stored(in error cases)

Regards

Pavan D

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think I got the answer, as it is synchronous scenario, the user trigger the data (outbound) which is incorrect(field conditional error), so the outbound message failed, which is showed up in cancelled column in message monitoring and hence there is no response(inbound) received for the same which is logged as log version status.

Log version is a kind of "waiting for response" which is not a failed or error or cancelled message.

Look at the thread 1332654. But still not sure where to check that log version messages with out message id.

Thanks!

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vijay,

So your referring all together the same interface?then your assumption is correct.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the time duration when you searched for the failed message. The time duration might have been different!

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Bhavesh! I had checked with the correct dates and time, but nothing come up:

There are 0 messages in errors and 1 in cancelled message, but which is an oubound message, am looking for the 2 inbound error messages as specified above for the same interface:

For the same interface, outbound also failed, which is showing up in cancelled messages, but the 2 inbound failed mesages are not showing up.