cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAI - No process found for: disp\+work(.*) , msg_server(.*)

0 Kudos

Hello experts,

We are facing an issue in the system monitoring of our productive ERP system. We are running 8 technical instances, six of them are reporting green status in Instance Availability metric. Remaining two instances (logical hosts running on the same physical host, also running in HA environment) are reporting red status with a message No process found for: disp\+work(.*), same message is also reported in MAI_TOOLS servlet.

So far, I have checked DA Logs, it seems there is no problem, also extractors seems to work without problems. As you can see on attached image, metric troubleshoot does not show any errors. Data Supplier status is green. There is seems to be an another problem with a message No process found for: msg_server(.*) for abap central service availability? I have checked note 1916237, but we are not running msg server and wps as a separate ASCS instance, msg server and wps are part of system central instance. Also, the note 1853096 does not apply to us, as you can see on the second attached image.

We would really appreciate if anyone would be willing to help us with this.

Sincerely,

Jan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

manish_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

Please refer Master Note 2046931 - Grey ABAP instance availability metrics - most common issues in technical monitoring with ... and check below SAP Notes mentioned within this master note:

1833991 - ABAP Instance not available in Technical Monitoring section Alert Inbox

1757091 - Incorrect Role Assignments for MAI

I believe it's worth a try checking note 1757091 for role assignments as you are getting issue related to two logical hosts which exists on single physical host.

Thanks,

Manish

0 Kudos

Hello Manish,

thank you for your reply.

Note 1757091 cannot be implemented in to our solman, we run version 714, therefore note 1833991 also does not apply to us. I have also checked note 2046931, mentioned note 1853096 does not apply to us, I believe that templates are assigned properly. Speaking about note 1916237 (1419603) we cannot registed ASCS into SLD, because for this system we don´t use it, services are part of central instance DVEBMGS<SID>.

I have also tried to use technical monitoring on our development system, which has same configuration (installed products etc..) but running on physical host (outside HA) and it seems to work correctly.

Sincerely,

Jan

sachingupta28
Explorer
0 Kudos

I face this issue, about any 6 month back.

In my case it was caused by ABAP Central Service Instance (ASCS) was not registered in SLD. Hence it cannot be synchronized with SAP Solution Manager LMDB

To resolve this I register the ABAP Central Service Instance (ASCS) in SLD by following the instructions from SAP note 1419603.

Thanks and Regards

Sachin Gupta

0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

Speaking about note 1419603 we cannot registed ASCS into SLD, because for this system we don´t use it, services are part of central instance DVEBMGS<SID>.

I have also tried to use technical monitoring on our development system, which has same configuration (installed products etc..) but running on physical host (outside HA) and it seems to work correctly. This system also do not have ASCS.

Sincerely,

Jan

sachingupta28
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

Thanks for checking that note. Now we need to identify from where diagnostic agent is reading this info, can you check status of all processes through SAP MNC or you can also use below sapcontrol commmand to check status of all processes.

sapcontrol -nr 00 -function GetProcessList

Output of above command should be okay OK and something similar to below:

1. 29.10.2015 12:44:58

GetProcessList

OK

name, description, dispstatus, textstatus, starttime, elapsedtime, pid

msg_server, MessageServer, GREEN, Running, 2015 10 11 10:20:05, 434:24:53, 24162

enserver, EnqueueServer, GREEN, Running, 2015 10 11 10:20:05, 434:24:53, 24164

Please share the results of above command.

Regards

Sachin Gupta

0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

Here is the result of command I run for both instances.

GetProcessList

OK

sapcontrol -nr 01 -function GetProcessList

GetProcessList

OK

Sincerely, Jan

0 Kudos

So I think this could be a problem? Here is the result from technical instance where monitoring is ok.

GetProcessList

OK

disp+work, Dispatcher, GREEN, Running, Message Server connection ok, Dialog Queue time: 0.00 sec, 2016 05 15 13:37:27, 1388:58:44, 27492

rslgsend, Central Syslog Sender, GREEN, Running, 2016 05 15 13:37:27, 1388:58:44, 27493

sachingupta28
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

What is the output on central instance where you are facing problem.

Regards

Sachin Gupta

0 Kudos

Hello,

this is an output from CI:

GetProcessList

OK

So there is nothing under the name,description.... line.

Sincerely,

Jan

sachingupta28
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

Are you able to logon to this system i.e. is it up and running?

If yes, is it possible for you to perform a restart.

Follow the thread where some one faced a similar issue sapcontrol function GetProcessList gives no output | SCN

Also check SAP does not start - Application Server Infrastructure - SCN Wiki  

It does have one situation similar to one you are facing

Regards

Sachin Gupta

Message was edited by: Sachin Gupta

0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes we are able to logon to that system, it´s running properly. Unfortunately, it´s not possible to perform a restart right now. I am going to check the links you provided me.

Sincerely,

Jan

0 Kudos

Thank you for the help,

after the restart of Managed System technical monitoring has started to work and there is no occurrence of false reported unavailability of instance, I think that problem was with sapcontrol returning blank as you suggested, after the restart sapcontrol returns what it should return.

Sincerely,

Jan

0 Kudos

Hi, Please check if data in LMDB is fine. Regards, Harsh

0 Kudos

Hello Harshavarddhan,

thank your for your reply.

I have checked LMDB. Data supplies completeness check is green, technical instances and hosts seems to be maintained correctly as well as assigned product instances etc.

Sincerely,

Jan