cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCM 5.0 (APO) Certification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am taking certification exam for SCM 5.0 on 05/25 in Dallas TX.

I would appreciate if anybody with prior certification experience can share their certain DO's and DONT's about the exam. Also any important links with respect to certification will be really helpful.

Sincerely,

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I took APO DP/SNP 3.0 certification. All I did was to just read through the material particularly thourough with the Q&As at the end of each unit. You have enough time there but plan your time before start. I had 60 questions and 2 hrs. So, I had 2 mins. per question. I completed all the questions in 1.5 hrs. You have the option to mark questions that you are not sure of and come back. Think and answer the question. The rest of the instructions are clearly given before exam start.

For more information look at

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer. Congrats on getting certified.

I might be silly in asking this, but I want to make an attempt in asking this question...:).." Is it Guranteed that if we are 100% thorough with SAP PDF tutorial files, we can pass the certification exam?"

Apart from it what other materials are required for preparation.

Thanks,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Theoretically I would say it's enough. But practically, you cannot grab all the technical details and the reasoning. So, you need to read other materials like the documents available online, working out atleast 2 scenarios available in best practices and following questions in SDN. There are innumerable times when I was reading through the posts and then realize the use and meaning of many functionalities that I mechanically read through when I was studying the material. Everyone looks at the same point from different directions and when somebody challenges you or you find yourself giving a poor answer to something, you realize it. Take your own time. Everyone have their own time frame and methodology. What I mean to say is don't hurry to take the certification. If you fail, it's a major setback psychologically. But instead taking more time and reading through various other materials available online gives you better chance and confidence. I read the material so many times, following SDN, other materials, but by the exam time, I used to become tense. Don't forget to take mock tests one or two days before exam.

Don't forget to take atleast 9-10 hrs. sleep before going to certification.

All the best.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Visu. Full Points to you.

Your answer is what I was looking for. Now I will follow your suggestions and go with FULL Confidence. Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

do you have those scm5.0 sap pdf files ? can u send it to me.

Thanks in advance for your help.

thanks,

Nitu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Nitu. I donot have those pdf files with me. Its with my friend and I will talk to him and see what we can do about it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks to all for helpful information already posted. I have a few questions about the exam also.

1. Is the SCM 5.0 exam multiple choice, fill in the blank, or short answer?

2. When can I find and take the mock tests Visu Venkat mentions in his post on May 1st 12:28pm?

Thanks,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

David,

Please refer to the following link for all information regarding the certification exam in SCM5.0

http://www50.sap.com/useducation/certification/curriculum.asp?rid=583

Paste the link in the new window and it should work fine.

In short, questions in SCM5.0 certification are mixture of multiple choice questions, fill in the blanks and true/false.

Hope this helps.

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

David,

Infact I am also looking for a source to find the mock tests. Please let me know if you come across any and I will do the same. Thanks.

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Visu,

I am planning to take the SCM5.0 APO certification exam, but I do not know how to get hold of the mock tests you mentioned in this post. Can you please guide me about how to get them.? Also , you talked about several materials available online for studying SNP and DP apart from SDN, can you suggest me which those are?

Thanks a lot for your help till now.

Amit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

I didn't talk anything about "mock tests". All I said was to do all the examples and exercises at the end of each unit and also in new materials, there are few multiple answer questions that I said are more repeated in the certification.

The other resources I followed were best practices in help.sap.com (http://help.sap.com/bp_scmv150/index.htm)- open only in IE

and the other forums like sapfans.com, ittoolbox.com and sdn wiki. SDn has been my best source of knowledge.

this.http://help.sap.com/bp_pharmav1470/Pharma_DE/Pharma_DE/HTML/SCM_EN_DE.htm

Also please post this as a separate post, you will get a lot of attention than this.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you let me know the Exam code for the Certification?. I am applying through my company and they want the Exam code, so that they can proceed with the process of applying for the exam for me.

Also, is there any certification for PP/DS?. Because when someone they are doing APO certification, they mention that it is covering DP/SNP only and not PP/DS.

Thanks for the replies....

Azha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Azha,

Following is the exam details:

Certification ID (Booking code): C_TSCM44_05

Certification duration: 3 hours

Number of certification questions: 80

Required certificates for participation in this certification test: None

Courses for certification preparation: SCM200 (Business Processes in Planning (SCM)), SCM210 (Core Interface APO), SCM220 Demand Planning, SCM230 Supply Network Planning (SNP), SCM250 Production Planning and Detailed Scheduling (APO-PP/DS). NB: SCM212 (SAP SCM Integrated Supply Chain Modeling) can be taken in place of SCM210

So it DOES COVER PP/DS.

Good Luck,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Thanks for the detailed reply.... I would like to clarify one thing. Visu mentioned that the Exam code is "C_SCM3".

Is C_TSCM44_5 is the same as that of C_SCM3 or is it different?.

Pls reply... Thanks again...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

C_SCM3 is for Dp, SNP and CIF. C_TSCM44_05 is for DP, SNP, CIF and PPDS. In other words, C_TSCM44_05 = C_SCM3 + PPDS.

Check contents at

<a href="http://www50.sap.com/useducation/certification/curriculum.asp?rid=583&vid=5">C_TSCM44_05</a> and strangely I coulnot find the C_SCM3 in the new list. May be they are not offering that anymore....

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Azha,

The C_SCM3 is based on APO3.1 and 4.1 and is very old. Visu is correct that it only includes DP and SNP for about 90%.

But the C_TSCM44_5 is based on SCM5.0 which is very latest version of APO. It also includes PP/DS for about 30%.

You will find all the information on this link

http://www50.sap.com/useducation/certification/curriculum.asp?rid=583

You can call 1-888-777-1SAP (1727) and get more information during normal biz hours. Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am now C_TSCM44_05 certified. The questions are split exactly as said in http://www50.sap.com/useducation/certification/curriculum.asp?rid=583. Even the questions are organized in the same sections. Since I was little weak in PP/DS, it took a lot of time in that area for preparation. You can reach me on my personal id "shibuup@gmail.com"

/Shibu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Take your time, read the questions (very carefully) and remember with a 70% pass mark get your revision in!

Paul