cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System status activation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All, Please check the attached screen shot,We have not assigned status profile to the item category (xxxx),But still system status activated,Please analyse and provide the settings

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

The status profile is not activated in line item. If status profile has been activated then you will find statues on right side.

If you activate status profile at header level then in line item you will find the status tab without any status.

If you want to explore config then go to SPRO -->SD-->sales-->sales documents-->Define and assign status profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All, Expecting solution.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For what do you expect a solution? Do you have a problem with the system status other than not knowing?

A look into the help.sap.com could have cleared all doubts: Status Management - Sales (SD-SLS) - SAP Library

where it is said: "System statuses are determined automatically by the transactions you carry out." .... "user statuses, on the other hand, can be activated and deactivated by the user."

sez41
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

System statuses are not always dependent on user status. According to some actions SAP assigns relevant system statuses to items even if no user status is assigned to item category.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr Bilgin, Thank you for your reply,Yes your correct,i have tested for different materials(config,standard),System status coming for config material but not coming for standard materials in same sales orders,What is the control,i am looking for the config settings.

sez41
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not sure how and when system statuses are calculated, but guess it might have a relation to the requirement type of the item.

Former Member
0 Kudos

???????????????