cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we attach Audio or Video file in Adobe forms?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

I have requirement where on-field users want to log complain offline in adobe forms,where they want to attach audio,video and pictures and when they click on send button adobe forms needs to be send as PDF attachment to respective email.

Please suggest is this possible in adobe forms, If yes..then is there any size limit?

Regards,

Ashish Desai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Will my Adobe interactive Adobe Form work on mobile devices where I can attach image,audio and video files?

diego_santos
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi

No, Adobe Interactive Forms made with ADS does not work in mobile devices.

Regards,
Diego

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And where/how are you planning to store/use/track/audit the audio/video attachments?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adobe Acrobat Reader has UI to attached files to a PDF. The attachments get stored as part of the PDF file. On the server side ADS has APIs (exposed through the PDF Object) that allow you to extract the attached files from a PDF.

As already pointed out in this thread attachments increase the size of a PDF and there are multiple places where the file size is important (e.g. allowed size for email attachments or http(s) requests).

The interactive PDF (with interactive form fields) will not work on mobile devices (Android and iOS). A flat (print) PDF rendered with ADS can be opened with Acrobat Reader mobile app (on Android and iOS).

Best,

Juergen

prajeshdesai
Contributor
0 Kudos

This link may help you, try below,

How to add attachments to a PDF form | Allta Media, LLC

Hope this helps.

diego_santos
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi

You may use the report FP_PDF_TEST_16 as example for your own code.

This report executed the operation you need.

Please suggest is this possible in adobe forms, If yes..then is there any size limit?

The answer is: It depends.
Well, ADS has some limitations regarding request size and number of pages. See note 1033661.

But keep in mind that every attachment in the PDF will increase the file size. Therefore the rendering might slow down and performance may decrease, according to the attachment size and amount of data in you desired in the PDF result.

Regards,

Diego Santos