Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC-JDBC Passthrough

PavanKumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to get data from one database (using select query) and same i want to insert into another DB(using SP).

In mapping level not required any validation, so planning to go for pass through scenario

Is this possible achieving through pass through scenario?

As there is an option to call SP at message mapping only with out mapping how can i call SP.

Kindly suggest

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member187587
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sounds like a very strange scenario for PI.

Is it master data that you try to copy?

if it is something at the database level and not business level and just db replication is needed , I would use mechanism like SQL Server TDS and similar.Not SAP PI.

vicky20691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well you can make it as a non pass-through scenario with 1 to 1 map (or may be no map keeping receiver and sender structure same)

Then in Inbound Processing and receiver determination do not select any SWCV which will skip XML validations for u keeping it pass through.

Regards,

Vikas

PavanKumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In jdbc receiver channel where i can call stored procedure,if i go through pass through

usually we call from mapping.

I think jdbc to jdbc pass through won't work out in my case

vicky20691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

then what exactly you mean by PASS THROUGH.

Do you mean to say the number of columns are same in both DBs and have the same name? so the data should be selected and updated in receiver DB?

If above is true then you can create 1 to 1 mapping with stored procedure call in the mapping. the data will remain the same and will be pushed as it is.

to avoid XML validations at runtime just do not select the SWCV in Inbound Processing

Regards,

Vikas

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pavan,

AFAIK you can't make it a pass through scenario because when you are dealing with DB through PI at receiver side a particular XML-SQL format has to be built which is different for normal SQL queries(like instert,update,select etc etc..) and for SP it is different so you need to create the structure in ESR .

Br,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

If you don't want to create any ESR mapping objects pass through is not possible for JDBC to JDBC integration.

Best option would be "DBLINK" . Suggest them to go for DBLINK.

Thank you!

Regards

Hanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

If you want to Integrate the data from one database to other database with out any validations or message transformations as just pass-through, Middle-ware is not required.

The best possible solution will be "DBLINK".

DB link is traditional Point-to-Point integration approach.There is no need for data transformation from binary to text and back and there is no need for data validation.Security implementation is simplified.

you can discuss with your Database development team for enabling the DBLINK and the security options.

1) DB Link integration or ESB based – Sysco Middleware Blog

2) Database Links

Thank you!

Regards

Hanu

PavanKumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hanu,

Had a thought of DB link but they are preferring for through PI for better managebility.

Regards

Pavan