cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Massupdate document folder in project or set up standard document folder for a project

andreas_wehn
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Dear all,

we are creating template projects in solution manager at the moment.

For that we upload many documents from other sources (older projects or file system).

Is there a possibility to set up a standard folder for the documents in each project (instead of folder SOLAR00) ?

Or is it possible to do a mass update of the folder for all documents in one project?

Reason for changing the document folder is the following translation of the documents.

To do this seperately project by project we need to seperate the documents.

Or are there any other ideas to seperate the documents for translating them?

Thank you in advance for your answers,

Andreas Wehn

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Thomas_S
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Daer Andreas,

in regards to KW-folfer SOLAR00

In Template projects, the system stores all documents, with the exception of documents at the 'Project Documentation'-tab, in folder SOLAR00. Documents at the project documation tab are stored in  a folder with the technical name of the project.

For all other project types, eg. Implementation project, the documents are stored in a folder with the

technical name of the project.

Also i am not fully sure what you mean by translation of documents. Documents are only allowed to be changed in the project languge.

Best regards,

Thomas

andreas_wehn
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Dear Thomas,

at the Moment we've stored the documents in the tab "Gen.Documentation". If I try to translate this documents with the SE63 I find the in the folder with the technical Name "SOLAR00". Only if I set a different folder for each Project, then I can see them in this seperate folder. In my case in a folder called "Z_T_PP". But to set up the folder manually for each document is much work and not user friendly. I'll try to put the diocuments in the tab "Project documentation" and will check whether this changes the System behaviour.

I I still stuck, can I call you directly? It seems that you are german like me!

You could reach me by Andreas.wehn@voss.net or 0049-2267-63-5577

Thank you in advance

Andreas

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas

When you are saving your project usually it will ask you the document location.

It is something like \KWCUST\620,

There you can create the new folder like 630 or so and upload.

However you can further see how you can manage that folder and all

using below

Further you can upload using excel sheet as well, Please find below explanation, how can you achieve on that.

You can perform similary for other documentation as well.

Thanks

Rishav

andreas_wehn
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thank you Rishav,

we will try your proposed procedure.

Thank you for that.

If I've questions, I'll update this post.

Thanx

Andreas