Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Master Costing View - KMAT Material

former_member209175
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Team,

I am creating the configurable KMAT material in MM01. Since it is configurable material, I doubt that is the "Costing View" applicable for KMAT material? If the "Costing View" is NOT required for KMAT material, how the standard cost estimate / costing will be carried out for KMAT materials?

Could you please guide me?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Shubham1
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi

I think costing view is applicable for KMAT materials.

However , accounting view in a way becomes redundant.

Basically accounting view is required to select the correct GL a/c during stock posting. In case of KMAT material it will not be posted to stock at all i.e. when you do the GR, system will update the sale order.

Specifies that the material is not managed on a quantity basis in the material master record for the relevant plant.

and also specifies that the material is not managed on a value basis in the material master record for the plant concerned and The values are updated in the respective G/L accounts at the same time.In case of KMAT it is not valuated or stocked in that plant.

KMAT material type is a Special Material type and it  cannot be valuated.

Material Master Records    

Regards

Shubham

Dsk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello SK,

Greetings,

I understand that you are working with the Configurable material and you are looking for the costing view maintenance for it.

1. The costing view is required for the material, since there are many fields which influences other activities ex:Variance Key, With Qty stru, Material origin etc.

2. And as you will be aware there will be No influence by the standard cost estimate, since the cost estimate will be run at the individual sales order and will be valuated based on the sales order cost estimate only.

Hope you have enough inputs, let me know if your query is addressed.

br,

Dsk

former_member209175
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dhandapani,

If I am using the strategy 25 - MTO with Configurable material, the standard cost estimate will NOT have any influence. But if I use the strategy 10 - Make to Stock & 11 - Gross requirements planning, the standard cost estimate will be mandatory know.

Q1: Is possible to run standard cost estimate for KMAT material for MTS scenarios (strategy 10 & 11)?

Q2: If possible, how to run standard cost estimate for KMAT material?

Thanks

former_member209175
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dhandapani,

Could you please guide me?

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sk SK,

By standard KMAT's work with make to order scenarios only. If you want to use 10 or 11 use FERT instead of KMAT.

For configurable materials you can only use 25 otherwise you will not be able to configure a product and correct BOM components will not be chosen.

I am trying to understand why you want to do make to stock with configurable material , but got no clue from any of your previous post.

Thanks

Ritesh

Dsk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello SK,

1. You need to be clear with strategy 10/11/25.

10 &11- MTS- Std cost estimate is required

25- MTO With Configurable material.

2. Your question "Q1: Is possible to run standard cost estimate for KMAT material for MTS scenarios (strategy 10 & 11)?" is misleading because you can not have a combination of KMAT with 10 or 11 so Q2 also become invalid.

So please explain in detail.

Br,

DSk    

former_member209175
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

If I set the indicator "Material is configurable" in basic data 2 view for FERT material, will act similar to KMAT material?

Assume that I am having FERT material M1 for which i have activated the "Material as configurable" in basic data view. And assigned the variant class 300 with characteristics color & SIZE.

When i produce the material M1 (Eg: color = RED & Size = 10 CM) of 10 quantity using production order & same M1 material (Eg: Color = BLACK & SIZE = 10 CM) of quantity 5 using another production order, both stocks will be mixed and total quantity of M1 will be shown as 15 which is not right know? How do we handle stock separately in this case of "Enabling material as configurable for FERT material"?

could you please advise me?

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SK SK,

you are mixing issues. You started this thread with information on material master costing view and now we are discussing differences between KMAT & FERT and production strategies.

I suggest , once you get answer for the initial topic please close that thread and open a new one , it will be helpful for other members too while replying or finding more detail on one specific topic.

Now come back to your latest question, if you are using FERT with any strategy other then 25 you will not able to assign characteristic values while creating sales order and there will not be any values in production order too, so there will be only one stock type and quantity.

If you want to create and produce with specific attribute you need use KMAT or FERT ( with setting like KMAT) along with strategy 25 , it wil be pure make to order and process will always start with creation of sales order.

Hope this explanation may help.

Thanks

Ritesh

former_member209175
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

Sorry for the confusion.

OK. Shall we conclude as below.

Regarding Costing:

1. Costing view is mandatory for KMAT materials. Because there are many other fields which influences other activities like variance key, material origin etc.

2. No need to run standard cost estimate for KMAT materials in CK11N / CK40N. Because for KMAT materials, the cost estimate will be done at individual sale order level.

Regarding Planning Strategy & Material type:

1. For VC, the SAP recommended planning strategy is 25 which is always sale order driven. If I use any other strategy during sale order creation, the characteristic can NOT be input.

2. SAP suggested material type is KMAT. But other material types like FERT also can be configured similar to KMAT (If we configure FERT as similar to KMAT, the sale order is driving factor for production / Manufacturing)

Thanks

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

correct.

former_member209175
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Team,

Any guidance will be very much appreciated....