Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMPORT_ABAP phase taking long time

bharath_allawada
Explorer
0 Kudos

HI All,

I am doing a system copy(Export/Import method) using SapInst tool. It has been over 20 hours, that installation is stuck in IMPORT_ABAP phase. No logs or errors are shown in log files(Import_monitor.java.log, Import_monitor.log, Sapinst.log). Please let me know, if anyone has faced this issue before? Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Both Source and Target systems OS and DB are Windows and MSSQL respectively.

Number of parallel processes are set to 10. Please find the screen below. Let me know, if you need any additional information.

Thanks in advance

Bharath Reddy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bharath_allawada
Explorer
0 Kudos

Solution for my issue is described in SAP Note #942540 - System copy fails on SAPDFACT import

This requires applying note in Source system to run a report as mentioned in note above, so I better try backup/restore method to do a system copy.

Thanks,

Bharath Reddy

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Do you see R3load processes running at the OS level?

Connect to the database and check if the size of the database is increasing.

bharath_allawada
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

Below are the packages, that are shown as running.

SAPDFACT_5

SAPDFACT_22

SAPDFACT_20

SAPDFACT_17

SAPDFACT_4

SAPDFACT_23

I think this is issue with Indexing.  Below is error log found in SAPDFACT.log

(IMP) INFO: ExeFastLoad failed with <2: BCP Commit failed:[Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0][SQL Server]Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint '/BI0/F0FIAA_C01~0'>

(IMP) ERROR: ExeFastload: rc = 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath,

Can you please check which packages are running currently in import_state.properties. Check that you have enough disk space and you see system being utilized in the task manager.

Other way to make sure it's progressing is that package logs size is increasing.

What is the utilization of your t-log and what mode your DB is?

Thanks,

Manas

bharath_allawada
Explorer
0 Kudos

HI Manas,

Thanks for the reply.

The packages that are currently running are listed below. I have 0ver 100 GB of free space in the disk.

SAPDFACT_5

SAPDFACT_22

SAPDFACT_20

SAPDFACT_17

SAPDFACT_4

SAPDFACT_23

Database is in simple mode.

When I checked the SAPDFACT.log of each of the above packages, I found the following error

(IMP) INFO: ExeFastLoad failed with <2: BCP Commit failed:[Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0][SQL Server]Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint '/BI0/F0FIAA_C01~0'>

(IMP) ERROR: ExeFastload: rc = 2

I guess this is issue with indexes.