Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technical Role in S4 and ABAP on HANA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I want to hear from the experts -

Where would you see the future in technical folks Whether it would be S4 on HANA , Suite on HANA, ABAP on HANA

For someone like me

I started as an ABAP Developer, Moved to HANA (Modelling) and what would be next best thing

1) S4 on HANA or Simple Finance - Is believe is newer version of FICO - But technical folks have any role in here ..

S4 on HANA need a HANA Data base instead of RBDMS  and i believe some out of the box Fiori Apps are provided but what if the client wants more apps - How would they be developerd

2) ABAP on HANA - Does this mean that underlying RBDMS is replaced with HDB -

So instead of traditional ABAP - What would be used to generate reports

I have gone through several links , i would appreciate if some one can answer them instead of providing links

Thanks in adv

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

narendra_verma
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have already moved to SAP HANA Modelling , then continue it , and learn SAP Business Analytic ,in which you will learn different Reporting / Analytic Tools like Lumira, Excel etc.

1. If you have sufficient FICO functional Knowledge or you are interested for it , then Go for S4 on HANA or Simple Finance . It need you have functional knowledge.

In future , i thinks all apps will be developed on SAP Fiori . If you have JAVA Script / HTML5 knowledge, then you can go for it.

2. ABAP coding style are changed in S/4 HANA , In which you will use CDS . But in my opinion fiori will replace all ABAP code in near future.

So, I suggest you three option -

1. SAP Business Analytic( Modelling , Reporting , Analytic Tools etc.).

2. SAP Functional Consultant ( Simple Fin , Simple Logistic).

3. SAP Apps Developer( Fiori / JAVASCRIPT / HTML5,ODATA).

I welcome , more suggestion on it.

Thanks.