cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI to PO Migration SLD object Conflicts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All, I am currently in PI 7.0 to PO 7.4 migration project. I have created SLD objects manually and imported ESR objects from old system. Manual Creation of SWC objects in SLD generated unique GUID and import of ESR/ID objects from old system (PI 7.0) SWC have different GUID. I have two software component Versions now with same name under my Software Component. How to handle this Conflict? Do I need to delete the SWCV entry in SLD and export it from my old system ? Please provide me the solution. Best Regards, Suresh S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

apu_das2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Simply export all your software and system catalog SLD components from your old PI system and import the zip file into the SLD of your PO system unless you need to do any modification in your existing system products or TS.

What I mean to say is - Are you going to upgrade only your PI system or your ERP system is also going to upgraded. If your ERP system will also be upgraded say for example R/3 will be upgraded to S/4 then you need to create your AS ABAP components like Product, TS etc manually in your new system but keep the same name of BS and SWC as it is in old PI system so that your import of ESR/ID components will not create any issue.

Thanks,

Apu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Apu,

Thanks for the workaround.

Shall try and update.

Best Regards,

Suresh S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please bear with Alignment due to editor issue.

I am currently in SAP PI to PO Migration Project.

I have created SLD objects manually and imported ESR objects from Old system.

Manual creation of SWC Objects in SLD generated a GUID and import of ESR/ID SWC from old system have different GUID.

Currently I have two SWCV with same name under my SWC in ESR. How to handle this conflict.?

Do I need to import and Export SLD object again? kindly provide me with a solution.

Best Regards,

Suresh S