cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERP6.0 EHP7 IDES installation on Windows2008R + Oracle12C error message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am a novice regarding SAP installation area, please help me out below matter.

I am trying to install ERP6.0 EHP7 IDES installation on Windows2008R + Oracle12C but it is not easy to from the start

a. I have downloaded installation files from sap support portal

b. I have installed windows server 2008R on VMware12 workstation

c. In the process installation I encountered bellow error during register SAP kernel file location.

This is popup error message.

Software Provisioning Manager was not able to find an archive that matches the requirements listed below. These requirements are depending on the product, operating system and/or database platform. In general, such problems can be resolved by downloading and using the latest patch level (PL) of the corresponding archive on SAP Service Marketplace.

Could not find the archive 'DBATOOLS.SAR, part of the Kernel'

Trying to match

@keyname='DBATOOLSORA' and @dbatoolsora_os='NTAMD64' and @compilation_mode='NON-UNICODE' and @dbatoolsora_db='ORA' and ((@dbatoolsora_release=742 and @dbatoolsora_patch_number>=13) or (@dbatoolsora_release=745))

in dbatoolsora.mf, for more details see log file C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\BS2013SR2\ERP607SR2\ORA\INSTALL\STD\ABAP\sapinst_dev.log.

This is log file sapinst_dev.log.message.

INFO       2016-07-08 22:56:25.453 (SAPECC60\Administrator) id=modlib.jslib.childAppReturnNoOutput com.sap.sdt.ins.component.archive_extraction.SpecifyArchive_validator

Execution of the command "C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\sapinst_exe.2016.1468029357\SAPCAR.exe -xvf G:\EHP7\51049350_10_kernal\DATA_UNITS\K_742_U_WINDOWS_X86_64\ORA\DBATOOLS.SAR, sapmanifestdb.mf sapmanifestdb.mf sapmanifestdb.mf sapmanifestdb.mf sapmanifestdb.mf hostagent.mf sapmanifestdb.mf dbatoolsora.mf igsmanifest.mf sapmanifest.mf sapmanifestdb.mf sapmanifestdb.mf igs/igshelpermanifest.mf sapmanifestdb.mf sapjvmmanifest.mf sapmanifestdb.mf sapmanifestdb.mf sapmanifestdb.mf sapmanifestdb.mf sapjvmmanifest.mf sapmanifestdb.mf sapmanifest.mf" finished with return code 40.

TRACE      2016-07-08 22:56:25.468 (SAPECC60\Administrator) com.sap.sdt.ins.component.archive_extraction.SpecifyArchive_validator

Read manifest dbatoolsora.mf:

downward-compatible_to:700 710 701 702 703 711 720 730 731 732 738 740

BR_Tools_version:740

keylocation:SAP AG

Oracle_version:11

keyvendor:sap.com

keyname:DBATOOLSORA

dbatoolsora_db:ora

dbatoolsora_os:NTAMD64

Manifest-Version:1.0

compiled_for:64 BIT

dbatoolsora_dbslversion:742.06

make_variant:742_REL

BR_Tools_patch_level:12

dbatoolsora_release:742

dbatoolsora_patch_number:12

compilation_mode:Non-Unicode

TRACE      2016-07-08 22:56:25.500 (SAPECC60\Administrator) [cguiengineimp.cpp:553]  CGuiEngineImp::showMessageBox()

<html><head/><body><p>Software Provisioning Manager was not able to find an archive that matches the requirements listed below. These requirements are depending on the product, operating system and/or database platform. In general, such problems can be resolved by downloading and using the latest patch level (PL) of the corresponding archive on SAP Service Marketplace.</p><p>Could not find the archive 'DBATOOLS.SAR, part of the Kernel'<P/>Trying to match<P/>@keyname='DBATOOLSORA' and<BR/> @dbatoolsora_os='NTAMD64' and<BR/> @compilation_mode='NON-UNICODE' and<BR/> @dbatoolsora_db='ORA' and<BR/> ((@dbatoolsora_release=742 and @dbatoolsora_patch_number>=13) or<BR/> (@dbatoolsora_release=745))<P/> in <I>dbatoolsora.mf</I>, for more details see log file C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\BS2013SR2\ERP607SR2\ORA\INSTALL\STD\ABAP\sapinst_dev.log.</p></body></html>

TRACE      2016-07-08 22:56:25.500 (SAPECC60\Administrator) [cguiengineimp.cpp:908] CGuiEngineImp::acceptAnswerForBlockingRequest

Waiting for an answer from GUI

I am very curious why SAP installer is trying to find ':Non-Unicode' verion of DBATOOLS.SAR.

I have tried to input non-unicode verion of DBATOOLS.SAR(\DATA_UNITS\K_742_N_WINDOWS_X86_64\ORA\DBATOOLS.SAR) but error message was the same.

Could you advise me how should I do in this case?

Thank you so much.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Johan_sapbasis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You downloaded the DB independant kernel, just download the kernel for the DB release you are looking for it will have all the necessary files available.

Kind Regards,

Johan

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To sum up the solution for 'Could not find the archive 'DBATOOLS.SAR, part of the Kernel'' error

I have found out that Kernel in 'ERP->IDES->EHP7 section' in sap support portal needs to be patched.

a.You can patch it with from individual files

b.Or you can download the latest Kernel from alphabet 'K' section in support portal.

I have managed the issue with second option.

Thank you very much.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you , Rajendra, Nicolaas. I works now.

former_member662162
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Jaejung,

I am having the same issue how did you manage to solve it. I have downloaded kernel for the DB release and I am browsing to the files:

DBATOOLS.sar

SAPEXEDB.sar

SAPEXE.sar

SAPHOSTAGENT.sar

See attached screenshot.

Johan_sapbasis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

open a new thread and make the path to your files shorter.

Kind Regards,

johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

I had also face these issue this is sort by upgrade you Kernal and u will find only /usr/sap/SID/DVEBMGSXX/UC/NTXXXX/exe

download DBDEPENENT FILE AND DBINDEPENDENT and uncar both file in new folder and replace with your /usr/sap/SID/DVEBMGAXX/uc/NTXXX/EXE

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

Your need to download SWPM Kernal also then uncar that also then it will work.

download Kernal for installation/SWPM

Regards

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lee.

Refer the SAP Note to download the DBAtools from SAP Service market place and then start the instalaltion.

12741 - Current versions of BR*Tools

BR

SS

yakcinar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jaejung,

Did you try only entering the path to download folder like "G:\EHP7\51049350_10_kernel" and not giving any individual download locations.

Regards,

Yuksel AKCINAR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes , I tried “only entering the path to download folder like "G:\EHP7\51049350_10_kernel" but error was the same.

I think I found the reason of installation error.

As I found that sapcar.exe does not work as it supposed to do.

I used the already unpacked ‘software provisioning manager’(on other server, windows 10 pro) but when I tried to unpack it on the server(which is windows server 2008 R2) again, it looks weird.

I opened the one more question at SCN like below.

Title : I cannot extract 'sapinst.exe' from software provisioning manager

I have downloaded 'software provisioning manager' (SWPM10SP17_2-20009707.SAR) from sap support portal and

also I downloaded the sapcar to extract the package but for some reason I cannot extract sapinist.exe file from the package.

There was no error message but I have gotten a file named just 'sapinst', not 'sapinst.exe'.

I have tried with various version of sapcar.exe such as

SAPCAR_5-20002092.EXE

SAPCAR_2-10009101.EXE

SAPCAR_721-20010453.EXE

SAPCAR_711-80000938.EXE

all for 'windows X64 64bit'

I used the command on 'windows 2008 R2 service pack1 64bit' as below

sapcar.exe -xvf SWPM10SP17_2-20009707.SAR

Are there anything to do before running sapcar.exe on windows server 2008 R2 ?

Please advice me.

Thank you so much.