cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

maximum number of Matrials can be created in SAP ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts ,

I have a question regarding maximum number of Matrials  can be created in SAP ECC .

Kindly Suggest.

Regards,

Shachi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you use the full field length of 18 digits and internal number assignment and have set the number range buffer to 1 (not loose to much unused number in case the server goes down) then it takes 31 million 709 thousand and 792 years for 10000 employees to use all numbers if they work without any break around the clock and enter 1 material master per second.

If you allow external number assignment then you can even make use of the alphabet, which means 36 numbers and characters to assemble a 18 digit number. If the Internet is not mistaken then this is called  Septilliarde. (if these were all goats to be counted before sleep then I am sure sleeping beauty would woke up earlier than you )

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good reply from Legends.

Firstly why you want to know number limit for material count--can you give us your area of concern here??

Phanikumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the prompt reply, the requirement related to this question is there are approx.. 200,000 products now. The number of products can grow to a max. of 5 million and as per the new requirements related to Hybris integration , just need to know limit of material count in  ECC , as this is the main concern area related to copa fileds with materials mapping.

Regards,

Shachi

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you shachi for sharing the background of the issue.

5 million products-quite a good number to handle much issues..

""The number of products can grow to a max. of 5 million and as per the new requirements related to Hybris integration ""

Can you share your business process to understand much better..

Phanikumar

sez41
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Seems like you've got your answer, so please close the thread.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Before answering, I would like to know from you

• how many you have created so far and
  • how much still left ?

G. Lakshmipathi