cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening and closing periods in GTS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

On the screens in customs management, we see terms like opening balance and closing balance. I assume this refers to accounting periods (MM and FICO) similar to the ones we have in SAP-ERP. However, we can not find any transaction that allows us to open and close periods like we do in ERP.

Can anyone explain how GTS deals with those periods?

Regards,

Ed

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

srinivas_yellampalli
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ed,

where did you see the Opening and Closing Balances in Customs Declaration? is it Header Level or Item Level. if you have any screen shot please share with us.

so, far i have seen the Date and Time in Transportation Tab at Header Level. here we can see multiple dates like Date of Export, Date of Import, Shipping Date, Date of Acceptance, Date of Release etc., but i have not seen the Opening and Closing Dates as i remember.

Request you to share the Screen shot of the Customs Declaration where you come across the above dates.

Thanks,

Srinivas Yellampalli

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

Actually the reference to closing period is made in OSS note 2314662 that we are implementing.

It is about cancelling export declaration. It states: You can perform a cancellation only if the posting period of the relevant customs warehouse receipt has not yet been closed.

Regards,

Ed

patrick_zorn
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Dear Ed, Note 2314662 means that a cancellation of a goods issue is only possible when the relevant customs warehouse receipt has not yet been closed. Normally you close a period every month using report /SAPSLL/IVM_STOCK_FREEZED_ADD. After running this report the end of stock for the current month will be frozen and it will be written to the database. Then a cancellation of a goods issue which refers to a relevant customs warehouse receipt of that month cannot be executed. Best regards, Patrick

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ed,

Where exactly are you seeing those references to periods?

Stock balances can be recognised at any time - it's simply the stock that happens to be in the warehouse at that time.

Thanks for your further details.

Regards,

Dave