Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rental contract ended, but still it is in being processed state

former_member192719
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Need your inputs regarding Rental contract. Have gone through the forum and did not get the inputs to resolve my issue.

Rental contract started on 02/26/ 2008 and ended on 06/30/2014.

I have checked the billing plan at item level , which is created up to 06/30/2014. seems fine.

Even though contract period ended , it is still in being processed status and 1st of every month system  is trying to create bill for the contract.

I checked in VF04,  there are many billing due entries for the contract , system trying to create billing for the contract since 07/01/2014.

By simulation , I checked it to create billing doc , error log while creating billing document showing No billing plan date found.

Could you Please advise, what triggers system creating billing for the ended contract each month and how to restrict that.

Thank you.

SS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the Billing Relevance for your item category?  It should be "B"

What value is set for Billing Quantity in VTFA?  It should be A.  Also the field "Pos./neg.quantity should be +

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member192719
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

Thank you very much for your inputs.

I have checked the VTFA settings,  Billing QTY is A and Pos./neg.quantity is +. these are fine.

Rental contract created for target 1 qty and billing plan at item level updated per each month according to the validity period .( Please refer screen shot Contract Item data _Billing plan.jpg

Item category , billing relevance assigned as I

I- order relevant billing - billing plan.

B- Relevant for order related billing - status according to order qty

what would be difference between I and B in rental contract? how this would work ?

Thank you.

SS

former_member192719
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I checked Billing plan type settings, End date is not maintained and horizon is maintained for 30 years.

While creating rental contract ,we maintained end date for the contract and billing plan also created for the validity period in the item level.

If we maintain horizon period and do not maintain end date in billing plan type, does this controls end date entered in rental contract ? how system will behave here ?

is it considered the horizon period and trying to create billing for the contract which is already ended ?

Please provide your inputs. Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

SS

former_member192719
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please provide inputs.

Thank You.

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Horizon is nothing but the limit of the Billing plan line items

For example :- If you have a contract for 10 years then you enter the  Billing plan start date and end date as 01.01.2016  - 31.12.2026 .

And after 10 years if you would like to extend the Billing plan line items then  SAP will not allow. for these scenarios we use Horizon - so set 20 years as horizon in the config  - then you can extend the billing plan line items till 31.12.2036.

If you are not entering the end date - SAP propose the billing plan line items till the horizon period.

If you would like to end the Billing plan line items - enter the end date  as per your requirement  - SAP removes the billing pan line item automatically .