cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we build Business Layer on top of Bex query?

vaibhav_rathore
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a doubt that can we build a Relational connection and  business layer and do calculations there in the layer on top of Bex Query?

I have gone through the the discussions on the same but i am confused that whether it possible over BW cubes or Bex query.

However we can create BICS connection for consuming cubes in webi and dashboards, but can we use Bex Queries in business layer?

Kindly give your suggestions?

Regards

Vaibhav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi Vaibhav,

We cannot built Business Layer on top of Bex query. When we BICS connection Business Layer will be automatically generated on top of Bex query, If you want to do any calculation you have to do at Bex query level.

It is possible to create Universe on top of BW cubes by using relational connection.

Thanks & Regards,

Ravi Shankar.

vaibhav_rathore
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for your reply.

I think there is an option in BW side " Allow External Access" checkbox for standard query, which on checking will help us making UNX on top of Bex queries.

I am not sure just got this point from one of the forum.

Regards

Vaibhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav,

BEx Queries are not accessible from external tools by default. To extract data from BW Queries you have to allow the external access in settings of the Bex query. That's where the option "Allow external access to this query" is useful.

As Ravi has rightly mentioned, it is currently not possible to create a UNX universe on top of a Bex query. However if you want to use universe, you can create a UNV universe on top of Bex query using Universe Design Tool (UDT) instead.

To create a Relational universe using IDT on Infocube, please refer the following document:

Regards,

Niraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav,

Allow external access means when we enable this @ Bex Level, the query will be available in BO environment to use for reporting purpose.

Answers (0)