cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Posting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

While posting the stock in the plant, I am getting the Error message that " Period 004/2007 is not open for account type S and G/L 399999.

In the diagnosis message is coming that Period 044 of the fiscal 2007 does not exist in table T 001 B either in period 1 or in period 2 of the table entry with the record type " 0", the selected company code, the account type S and the G/L account 399999. The period is therefore not open.

I have already closed the Fiscal period till 004 2007.

Could anyone help on this.

Regards

Vipin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai,

this error appears when the posting periods are not open for the particular month of the year, go to t: code OB52, their according to the account key error

such as s or m ... kindly update the field next to that account key.

ex: 1000,s ...2007/5....2007/5..

regards.

sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

go to OMWD and entry 0001 or 1000 against our valuation plant... you will get ...

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

MM & FI consultant can resolve this error by opening the period.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

pl go to t.code OB52 and open the current period for the account type " S " for your valuation area. also you will find there other accounts like " A, K , D, + "... this is actually done by FI guys. Just like MM guys do it in MMPV.

OB52 is financial periods.

Hope it helps. Pl reward if useful.

Thanks & Regards,

Sadhu Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sidhu,

I have gone to the T.Code screen OB52, there we have Account type +,A,D,K, S with each having their own period ranges. I had done the changes in the S type of the account to the correct period and my problem is still there. the changes i did are mentioned below. My question is is it required to change the posting period for rest of the account types as well.

And in the column To Period Indicates "16". Does this 16 indicates the special period for postng i.e 12 + 4 or what?. I am just writing the entries in the table for the reference,

Vart Account Type "From Account" "To Account" "From Per1" "Year" "To Period" "Year" "From Per 2" "Year" "To Period" "Year" "AUGR."

0001 S -

ZZZZ 1 2001 12 2004 13 2001 16 2007

And whats the meaning of period 1 and period 2..

Pls provide the answers to these questions. Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

" 0001 S -

ZZZZ 1 2001 12 2004 13 2001 16 2007 "

Here instead of 12 2004 make it as 2007.

Sometimes we need to allow entries into a old period, so we select that as part of period 1 and the currnet period in period 2.

+ Valid for all account types

A Assets

D Customers

K Vendors

M Materials

S G/L accounts

V Contract accounts

<b>It depends on your requirement to open the periods for various account types.</b>

Hope it helps. Pl reward if useful.

Thanks,

Sadhu Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sidhu,

Thanx a lot for your detailed reply. My problem has been resolved. Would appreciate if you can let me know the meaning of the period "16" as well.

I am rewarding the points to you.

Regards

Vipin

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

it is 12 + 4 special periods. these special periods allow postings into periods which are otherwise closed. But this is done only in some special cases. And the authorization would be for a very high level users.

Pl reward if useful.

Thanks,

Sadhu Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanx for the reply..

pls check the points rewarded now...