cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Service -> XI -> RFC problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a scenario in which a web service uses an RFC in our ecc system.

I have created the necessary objects in IR and ID and generated the wsdl using "Define Web Service" in ID.

My problem is with consuming the RFC: I want to use the lookup api, but I don't know what name I should use for that.

How can I tell the name of the service that is exposed through the XI so that I can consume it?

Thanks in advance,

Tal.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My problem was solved in the thread I posted in the last message. Thanks to everyone who tried to help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am moving this question to the Java Development forum since I think it fits in there more. Thanks to everyone who tried to help me here.

The new thread is in this URL:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone help me?

The problem is that I have the WSDL of the service that the XI exposes, but I don't know how to call it from my Java Web Service (which is based on a Java class), that I created with NWDS (version 2004s).

The Web Service also runs on the XI server, is there a way that I can use that fact for a simple way to call the XI service?

Former Member
0 Kudos

See this link , try to change as per your requirement

/people/bhavesh.kantilal/blog/2006/11/20/webservice-calls-from-a-user-defined-function

Lookup - /people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2006/03/27/sap-xi-lookup-api-the-killer

Consuming XI Web Services using Web Dynpro – Part I-/people/riyaz.sayyad/blog/2006/05/07/consuming-xi-web-services-using-web-dynpro-150-part-i

RFC -> XI -> WebService - A Complete Walkthrough (Part 2) -/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/03/28/rfc--xi--webservice--a-complete-walkthrough-part-2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply, but the links you wrote aren't relevant to my problem:

The first 2 links describe using the LookupAPI in the XI as a user defined mapping function, while I want to call the XI from a web service.

The third link describes the means to create the WSDL from the XI service. I have already done this, but I don't know what to do next in order to actually perform the call to the XI service.

The fourth link describes the exact opposite scenario from mine. My problem is writing the Java code to call the XI service from the Web Service - in the link, all the configuration is done on the XI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the answers. I am sorry, but I was not clear in my previous message - I want to access the service through JNDI lookup (as far as I understand that's the only way, if there is a different way to call an RFC from a web service through the XI please let me know).

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

of course there is - you can call RFC in XI standard

there's no easy way to do it via "JNDI lookup"...

have a look at this blog (you don't need a BPM - integration process to do it)

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit

but it's just to show you how simple it is...

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My problem is how to call the RFC from the web service (which is written in Java).

I'm trying to do it with InitialContext.lookup() but for that I need to know the JNDI name of the service the XI exposes.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

if you call WS on XI you have it's WSDL so it's all you need to call XI and then RFC

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi-

Did you mean to call a RFC from a java code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the WSDL - but how do I use it to call the XI?

Do I have to use a DeployableProxy and deploy it to the XI?

I can't use a StandaloneProxy because the web service is deployed on the XI server. But even if I use a deployable proxy, how do I call the XI after I've deployed the proxy?

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>>I have the WSDL - but how do I use it to call the XI?

I don't even know what language or application you use to consume this WSDL

every language or application that allows that has how to guide

which shows step by step how to consume WSDL (so call XI)

>>>>Do I have to use a DeployableProxy and deploy it to the XI?

you can have your application anywhere you want

why do you want to deploy it on XI ???

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

My web service is written in Java (it is generated from a class using NWDS).

The web service runs on the XI server.

I thought about using a proxy because that's what I had to do when I consumed a web service from a Java program (although I used a StandaloneProxy there).

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>> with consuming the RFC: I want to use the lookup api, but I

why in WS - RFC you want to use RFC lookup?

do you want to do the lookup in the same R3 that you call your final RFC ?

if so fill the values inside the final RFC

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi-

Just go thru following blog to get more info

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/03/23/rfc--xi--webservice--a-complete-walkthrough-part-1

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/03/28/rfc--xi--webservice--a-complete-walkthrough-part-2

regarding lookup api

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/08/23/lookup146s-in-xi-made-simpler

/people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2006/03/27/sap-xi-lookup-api-the-killer