Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting error, while creating 64 bit connection in IDT

former_member640919
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can create 64 bit odbc for SQLServer database and cannot create universe in IDT.  While creating 64 bit odbc connection, I am getting the error message below:

[Microsoft ODBC Driver Manager] The specified DSN Contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application

ODBC  and IDT on the same machine.

Thanks,

Jyothi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyothi,

All BO Client Tools are 32-bit, so UDT and IDT and Webi Rich Client will only use 32-bit drivers and 32-bit DSN's

You can create both 32-bit and 64-bit DSN on the same machine if you have multiple applications which require either 32-bit or 64-bit drivers.

Hope it Helps!

Regards,

Adil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti,

The above error occurs when you create a 64-bit ODBC DSN on a system, and try to connect to this DSN from IDT. Now IDT being a 32-bit application cannot connect to the 64 bit DSN. Hence the architecture mismatch error is displayed by IDT.

On your local system you will need to create a 32 bit DSN of the same name. For creating the 32 bit DSN open the 32-bit ODBC data source administrator from the following location (on a 64-bit Windows system): C:\Windows\SysWOW64. Here you'll find odbcad32.exe file. Here you need to create a DSN of the same name.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Niraj

former_member640919
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Getting error while viewing universe data with universe based on 32 bit DSN in Design Studio Data sources

I can create 32 bit odbc for SQLServer database and created universe in IDT but cannot see the sample data in "Edit Query Specification" of Datasources in design studio. I am getting the error message below:

[Microsoft ODBC Driver Manager] The specified DSN Contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application

regards,

Jyothi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyothi,

Is the architecture mismatch error in IDT resolved?

For the Design Studio issue, try creating a 64-bit ODBC DSN of the same name on the BO server. When you try to connect a UNX universe through Design Studio, it will use BO services(APS) to run the queries.

Regards,

Niraj

former_member640919
Participant
0 Kudos

When I try to create 64 bit connection in IDT using 64 bit odbc on bo server, it gives the error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Because the client tools are still 32 bit.

If you would like to use 64 bit connection,

In IDT, navigate to Window - Preferences - Information Design Tool - Secured Connections and change the Middleware option to Server instead of Local.

To overcome this, you can define a 32 bit ODBC connection on the desktop where you have the client tools installed and define either 64 bit ODBC or both 32 and 64 bit ODBS on the server.

32 Bit versus 64 Bit process in Business Objects – Overview | DWBI castle