cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agentry external field ; do not allow edits via the screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do i setup a field that uses OPENUI to retrieve data from the map to only allow values form the map.  So the field to the user is not editable.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Heather,

That will depend on your Open UI design and what it is displaying.

If you have other Agentry fields that are supposed to get data from the map (assuming this is your Open UI control) I would think they can be set to read only and have an update rule to retrieve the value from your Open UI control external value property.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's true... I could just create another field with an update rule and that field would be read only.  Thanks...

ps--i sent you an email ..do you think you can give us a hand today?  I think its more about not having all the info vs there being some sort of issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't want to hide the field.  I just don't want them to edit it.i want a text box that they can't edit and a button that invokes the dll to pull the value from the map.  Then i want them to be able to see the value but not be able to edit it.

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If your Open UI control is drawing the text box you can make it read only in your control.  If it is an Agentry field see my other reply.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can make the field hidden so it not displayed to the user.

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Heather,

Hi. We will try to ping colleagues in SAP who played with this to see if they can respond. Hope they do.

Best Regards,

SAP Mobile Support Team