cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to send revenue to two GL's in contract

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello there,

In a contract i have two units with one condition type basic rent and rent is calculated on measurement type and distribution is also done on measurement type,

now when i run RERAPP for this contract is it possible to send revenue of A unit to GL-A , and revenue of unit B to GL-B.

Thanks & Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

oppenheim_jm
Participant

Hi there

While Bowen is right in that typically you don't post the same condition to different GL accounts, it can be done (just remember to use GL accounts for external reporting and CO to report on revenues per unit/buildings/land/business entities, etc.)

To do so:

1. In REFX configuration under Accounting > Automatically Generated Accounting Documents > Account Determination > Account Determination Values, define a new determination split (in addition to the default "blank" one)
  2. In REFX configuration under Accounting > Automatically Generated Accounting Documents > Account Determination > Account Symbol, here define a new symbol (which represents a GL account) for the other revenue account.
  3. In REFX configuration under Accounting > Automatically Generated Accounting Documents > Account Determination > Assign Account Symbol to Flow Type, you may specify two symbols for the same flow type if you use the field "Account Determination Value" (which is normally left blank). Specify your new account determination value against the same flow type and specify a different symbol (link to GL)
  4. REFX configuration under Accounting > Integration FI-GL...> Account determination > Replace Account Symbols, specify the other GL account for your new symbol
  5. When defining your contract,
    1. Go to the "Posting Parameters"
    2. Add a second "Posting" Entry (should be 10)
    3. Specify your new Account Determination Value in the said field, with all the normal fields completed (as per the blank Posting
    4. For the unit B rent condition on the "Conditions" tab, you can specify the new
      "10" posting (with the account determination value) on the "TERM" tab of the condition.

Based on this...rent for unit A goes to your default GL and rent for unit B goes to your second GL (defined through the alternative symbol and account determination value).

Hope it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using only one condition for both units, so i think it is not possible with one condition type, I did try that with different condition and it worked well thank you both for the time.

Thanks & regards.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bowen_cao
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

GL account is determined by flow type, since there is only one flow type for each condition type.

Hence, in standard system, I think this is not possible to split the cost to multiple GL account.

Best regards,

Bowen