cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Process Monitoring-Alerts

0 Kudos

My solution manager is connected to ECC server which is new, when I see in the managed system configuration. When I receive the alerts and when I click “launch detail analysis on ECC server” it is picking me to the OLD ECC server, which we are not using now.Only the portal is picking me to the old server. I want to see the new ECC data.

Because I have a doubt whether it  picking the data from new server or old server.

Kindly find the attached image, which shows the "Launch Details Analysis on ECC" in the alert details. Please suggest me a solution.

Thanks

Shanmuka

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shanmuka,

Its difficult to understand what is new and old server meant? do you mean entire different ERP system with diff host/db and etc but same SID or is it migration of existing ERP to new host/new db etc

further in all above type of scenario you always need to reactivate the bpm in your case here replacing the logical component in existing solution.

Solman will give false alerts if you have not done the above steps

hope this helps

Thanks

Prakhar

0 Kudos

Hi Saxena,

ERP system havent been changed. Only the hosts has been changed from one server to another server. In both cases the logical components seems to be same.

Can we use the same logical component or do we need to create new one?

Thanks

Shanmuk

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shanmuk,

You don't need to create a new one in this case but you have to run managed system configuration and BPM setup again with verification of activate monitors

it also depend upon whether you use BPM MAI based or CCMS based so make sure unlying technology also play key role here

Thanks

Prakhar

0 Kudos

We are using BPM MAI technology. Just to clarify again, if I change the managed system configuration to new servers, the portal will take us to correct(new) servers.

Kindly find the screenshot. EP1 is the new server and EP1_OLD is the old one. You can take a look at managed system configurations.

Thanks

Shanmuk.

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shanmuk,

2 parts

part 1

In the managed system setup for EP1 it is showing ticket in the last column which means you need to re-run the same as there is an update required.

part 2

further you need to re-run bpm setup post completing ur managed system config

reload monitor definitions and reactivate them if necessary

Thanks

Prakhar

0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

Thank you for helping all the way.

Any specfic user roles that are needed to do BPM.

Thanks

Shanmuk

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shanmuk,

Always welcome,

Just check the last step of basic configuration it has sample user with required roles for each scenario like bpm,charm etc

Thanks

Prakhar

Answers (0)