cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order Replenishment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I want to understand how the Standard Order  related replenishment works.

Say i created Outbound delivery with 100 pcs of material but in warehouse there is only 50 pcs available.

In such scenario how the order related replenishment will get completed ?

Regards

Ramsy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi,

no, that will not get completed with order related replenishment.

Replenishment inside a warehouse refer to that you move material from one storage type to the storage type you want to pick from (described here: Replenishment Control - Goods Issue - SAP Library  )

What you want to do is get material you don't have. Described here:Replenishment - Purchasing - SAP Library

Brgds

Juergen

---

Want to learn EWM?

Check for EWM courses @ https://training.sap.com/curriculum/scm_ewm

Get a SAP Learning Hub Subscription: https://training.sap.com/shop/learninghub

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jurgen.

What i understood from your reply.

1.Say i created Outbound delivery and there is a shortfall of some qty .

Picking shall be done from only storage type  RAK1 which has insufficient qty.

But i have enough stock in RAK2.

So in this case system will pick the balance qty from RAK2. Right ?

And if it is allowed to pick either from RAK2 then in that case there is no need of order related replenishment.

Jurgen correct me if i am going wrong .

Thanks

Ramsy

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

"So in this case system will pick the balance qty from RAK2. Right ?"

No. At least this is not what I wrote.

"1.Say i created Outbound delivery and there is a shortfall of some qty ."

what do you mean with "shortfall". In the delivery your availability check shows you have not enough stock in your plant / storage location? That you have to solve with getting material from somewhere else.

When you create a warehouse task and your storage type search sequence only includes RAK1, then you only get a WT for the quantity available there, and nothing is picked from RAK2. In case you allow negative quantities, your WT is create in the full quantity, but you can not confirm it - except if you process replenishment meanwhile.

"And if it is allowed to pick either from RAK2 then in that case there is no need of order related replenishment."

Yes, of course, then you do not need to execute replenishment.

Brgds

Juegen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jurgen,

In which situation does the order related replenishment is best suitable.

I mean in planned replenishment system will replenish the bins where stock goes below minimum number, I understood.

Whereas in case of Order-related replenishment it is said system will make use of open warehouse request ! what is the best scenario to leverage the order-related replenishment ?

Will appreciate if you give one short example .

Thanks

Ramsy

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

OK, what do you use replenishment for?

You want to pick only from one or from certain storage types. From other storage types (like a high rack, where access is more time consuming, especially if you do not need a full pallet), you move material triggered through the replenishment process into these pick storage types.

Now planned replenishment is practical when you have a certain number of products you need for your picking. Means you have maybe 100 or 200 products and you need most of them quite regularly. So you probably use a fixed bin storage type and each product has one or two assigned bins. You replenish when a certain minimum is reached and you can continue picking.

Assume the number of products is different. You have 1000 or more different products. Because of the huge number of different products a fixed bin storage type might not be practical. Every day you do not need all of these, but different ones. Certain material you only needs maybe once a week. So for this you check every day based on the orders which products you need and then you replenish them just in the quantity you need for the orders. That works with a fixed bin storage, but eventually a storage type with next empty bin strategy is better suited.

Again, both strategies work with fixed bins or not-fixed bins.

Makes sense?

Brgds

Juergen

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

P.S. actually, although is is called "order" related, is is actually delivery based. Because you use the warehouse requests, which are deliveries.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jurgen,

I understood every single thing you have explained and you have tried your best.

But still i am not clear benefit and requirement of using order related replenishment over creating a WT for delivery from /scwm/prdo screen.

Say i have created a delivery document and stock is available in multiple bins(putaway-next empty bin).

Ain't it much easier to create a WT from /scwm/prdo screen for picking rather than running /scwm/repl transaction ? Why shall one go to different screen after creating a delivery ? In both the cases stock is being picked from same bins .

I hope you have understand my point of view.

Thanks

Ramsy

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

sorry, but what is so difficult to understand when it says: "You use replenishment control to fill up a picking area in accordance with the demand for products that you pick in this area."

(from here:Replenishment Control - Goods Issue - SAP Library )

"Ain't it much easier to create a WT from /scwm/prdo screen for picking rather than running /scwm/repl transaction ?"

Two very different things. And if you work with replenishment you do both.

"Why shall one go to different screen after creating a delivery ?"

Nobody does that. Because it is two processes.

"In both the cases stock is being picked from same bins ."

Then you do not do replenishment.

But I give up. Maybe someone else tries to explain?

Brgds

Juergen

former_member337613
Participant
0 Kudos

Is this regards to a customer sales order?

If so then creating the sales order in ERP should flag an error message with regards to the quantity available in EWM